Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic...

Speaking of OBDII's

Old 01-07-2018, 10:26 AM
Question Speaking of OBD II's

Wife bought me this diagnostic tester called FIXD. You plug it into connector and test results are sent via Bluetooth to your phone or Pad. There's an app that is downloaded and all info is suppose to be sent there. I've yet to try, but it may work very well or not, way too cold to play with lately. Think it was around $60, the expense is eliminated of a self contained device and uses existing resources. See if I can locate some info...... https://getfixd.io/offer-01/?utm_sou...id=625&oid=486

Not selling these or anything but it appears a really good idea. Connects your car to your phone, a lot like OnStar I'd imagine. Wait...... Threw my phone away when I retired; have iPad, same difference lol.

Last edited by Rich B.; 01-08-2018 at 04:27 AM.
Old 10-31-2018, 04:45 PM

OK, back here for a quick update. Pulled the car out to the driveway, put air in the tires to bring them up to 33PSI. Washed and vac'ed, actually the engine detailer puts the best tire shine on ever. Don't use on motor and found this out rather accidentally.

So decided to get IPad and bluetooth with FIXD OBDII connector plugin. Came right up and stated no codes and first tried maybe 6 months back. Also has projections for all maintenance venues. Other diagonistics out there just as good however and this was only around $60 after reading above post. Leave it plugged in permanently, forget it's even there.

Stand corrected on price, thought it was cheaper but read my first post over again. How time flies these days......

Last edited by Rich B.; 11-02-2018 at 04:14 AM.