Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic...

PLEASE CHECK YOUR EBAY ACCOUNT!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2005, 10:18 PM

recently been having some weird issues with ebay and money dissappearing from my paypal account. well to start i was getting emails from sellers of dirt bikes and laptops etc, answering questions that "I" asked. ok maybe somehow things are getting crossed and i gotthe email on accident. then i sold something on ebay, recieved payment through paypal and when i transfered the money to my bank account, it disapeared.hmmm wtf? well i found out someone hacked my ebay account, and setup a third party authorization. i would have never found out about the third party authorization if i want bored and didnt go through my prefernces. so please check yours. sign into ebay. click on my ebay. on the lefty side click on user preferences. second to the last option is third party authorization. click on it and see if there is any in there. if there is check the little box to revoke the privelage. i have been speaking with ebay for the last day or so as well as paypal. i will be getting my money back within a week, and ebay has found out the ip of the hacker and is reporting them to the proper authorities

Old 10-12-2005, 12:59 PM
Administrator

good post...thanks.

Old 10-15-2005, 03:57 PM
Super Moderator

Yikes, mine has been okay, I'll keep a look out.

~Amanda

Old 12-20-2005, 06:53 PM

Thats scary, why would they even make that a feature. Hopefully not too many people have been taken by this.

Old 12-20-2005, 07:02 PM

Looks like I had andale counters authorized for Third party on mine. I do remember them setting them up for something a long time ago though. I dont know how much access they are granted except for the counters though.