Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic...

Opposites Attract....

Old 10-27-2016, 04:51 AM
Default Opposites Attract....

So our everyday driver is a '16 LaCrosse. Closest thing to a Cadillac imaginable (wouldn't want one though). My drive once in awhile car is what's unusual, a '13 Boss Mustang (also fond of Camaros). Have owned the car for 4 years now with a whopping 2,700 miles on OD. These cars will easily do a 12+ second quarter mile and that's missing a shift. Mine won't of coarse since I've never smoked the tires even. It's great to be past all that.

The car color is "Gotta Have it Green", a peril shimmering green in sunlight (not lime green at all). Supposedly 444 net HP at the flywheel and tachs easily to 8,000 RPM. Always wanted a car I didn't have to drive everyday and in winter time.... Have it now I guess.

No monthly payments, have titles to both cars. Something you can do it seems when you get old and could care less. Just installed a set of Corsa Xtreme axle-backs (myself), if only Ford had these as OEM. Most awesome mufflers I've ever seen, but retail over $1K too. JC Whitney had them for $597 w/free shipping, no tax. For the life of me I cannot find them anymore on their site. Believe the price was a mistake, these too were shipped direct from the Corsa factory, brand new.

Attached Thumbnails Opposites Attract....-image.jpeg  

Last edited by Rich B.; 12-19-2016 at 04:34 AM.
Old 11-27-2016, 02:26 PM

Neat cars, both of them even if they are worlds apart.
Warreneaux

Old 12-19-2016, 04:54 AM

Thanks Warren. Bought for Xmas a bigger throttle body for the Boss. Factory one is 80MM and the new one 84.5MM. Didn't want to go with a 90MM as codes would start flying due to running way too lean a mixture. At least is my understanding from all info available.

Won't do anything much for gains, maybe a little bit but supposed to be more responsive. Keeping everything else factory as I have the TracKey tune also. That came with side pipes (why I bought the car to start with) also but not all that loud even without the baffles.

It's an Accufab TB which I found on E-Bay for $100 cheaper than anywheres else. Now even there they had different prices for the same item. Accufab makes the Ford Racing ones also (identical) but way more money. Not cheap, was $490 and of coarse you find them for less money after your purchase (not just yet). It's electronic throttle not to be confused with the cable one which is way cheaper yet.

Last time I did something like that was when I had my '69 road runner (in '69) and that was a change from Carter to Holly carburetor. And not to forget the Accel dual point distributor no less LoL.

Last edited by Rich B.; 12-19-2016 at 06:07 PM.

Search this Thread