Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic...

Buick Forum Chat

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2013, 07:33 PM
Super Moderator

Attempting to keep sane haha Plenty of small projects keeping me busy when I'm not busy with work. How's things with the Cruze?

Old 08-01-2013, 06:46 AM

This is what I traded in on the Verano, an 07 Chevy 2500 HD was a Great Truck and had 95,000 on the Odometer and Other than Service, Tires, Battery and Alternator had 0 problems with it .. But after got rid of the Camper and Boat saw no need for keeping such a Big Vehicle around.. Had the 6.0 Litre V-8 Vortex Engine so had all the Power needed and then some .. Still have the 09 Ford Edge for backup that will haul most anything I need and a utility trailer just in case .. Wife took a trip up to North GA to visit family in the Verano and it passed her approval Driving handling wise and the surprising amount of trunk space was an added bonus ...

Name:  2007Silverado.jpg
Views: 13
Size:  62.4 KB

Name:  09Edge002.jpg
Views: 16
Size:  85.6 KB

Old 12-28-2013, 11:06 PM
Super Moderator

Sweet truck Jay! I love those silverados

I think the life of my car has come to an end.... I believe I have blown either a head gasket or the LIMG. It died the way home from work tonight, but luckily made it across the road from my apartment building. Haven't really taken a good look at it to see whats up yet, but there is a lot of coolant in the oil and it wouldn't start after it died..

Old 01-14-2014, 02:35 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by 2k2cse
Attempting to keep sane haha Plenty of small projects keeping me busy when I'm not busy with work. How's things with the Cruze?
Managed to reach 14K miles already and find out how much I need to invest in snow tires.
Originally Posted by JayFL459
This is what I traded in on the Verano, an 07 Chevy 2500 HD was a Great Truck and had 95,000 on the Odometer and Other than Service, Tires, Battery and Alternator had 0 problems with it .. But after got rid of the Camper and Boat saw no need for keeping such a Big Vehicle around.. Had the 6.0 Litre V-8 Vortex Engine so had all the Power needed and then some .. Still have the 09 Ford Edge for backup that will haul most anything I need and a utility trailer just in case .. Wife took a trip up to North GA to visit family in the Verano and it passed her approval Driving handling wise and the surprising amount of trunk space was an added bonus ...

MPG saving alone had to be insane, I went form 28 MPG highway in the Buick to 49 in the Cruze
Originally Posted by 2k2cse
Sweet truck Jay! I love those silverados

I think the life of my car has come to an end.... I believe I have blown either a head gasket or the LIMG. It died the way home from work tonight, but luckily made it across the road from my apartment building. Haven't really taken a good look at it to see whats up yet, but there is a lot of coolant in the oil and it wouldn't start after it died..
That sucks, mine didn't fully go out like that, I found out from overheating issues and headgasket test. I didn't want to get rid of the car as it was paid off leaving me more funds for the Subaru.

Old 01-14-2014, 08:26 PM
Super Moderator

I ended up getting a new car. Picked it up this morning. The Century wasn't worth fixing. Both head gaskets blown, and a spun bearing. With the amount of rust on the car, there was no point in spending that much, only for something else to go wrong. Here's it's replacement:

Name:  IMAG3821g_zps4cb4894f.jpg
Views: 23
Size:  170.6 KB

Old 01-15-2014, 12:01 AM
Super Moderator

Exact same situation minust the rust part. I was in the middle of a financial situation so I couldn't come up with a nice down payment on anything used and wouldn't put me back into the fix or replace the car situation. With trade in, GM employee, and USAA I came up with almost $3k down on the Cruze. I ended up going Eco over the other models because I couldn't justify the auto trans and leather of the 2LT and LTZ and hated the wheels on the 1LT. If I got the LS I would have been wasting more $ than what the ECO sticker diffrence was trying to make it as fast or cool as the 1.4 models. N/A stickshift 1.8 no cruise control no alloys base model radio(list goes on) vs $900 or so more to have a turbo, alloys lighter than the steelies, Cruise control, touch screen MyLink and better MPG(long list as well) was a no brainer. Biggest thing is people look at the HP for both engines on paper being the same and don't bother to test drive the 1.4 models. When I had my car in for a few days and they gave me a 1.8 LS I was hating life.

Have you a list of mods to do yet? I know you already have plans for the LED's in the gauge cluster at least.

Old 01-15-2014, 03:11 PM
Super Moderator

I'm not sure if I'm going to do the LEDs behind the cluster or not. Seems like too much work to get it out in this car. I will end up swapping out the interior lights for LEDs..probably a cool white.. I want to look for an OEM lower grille with the projector fogs, and I'm still debating taking the horns from the century. I might pick up another set of headlights the summer and open them up and black them out. May do a projector retrofit too. There's a lot more room in the housing in this compared to the Century. Also, adding an AUX jack is probably going to be first on my list. Just have to decide how I'm going to hook it in, seems it don't have XM.

Old 01-21-2014, 01:34 AM
Super Moderator

XM is fun at times but quality sucks compared to Pandora and iTunes radio. Aux cable was something I'm glad was already added in the Subaru by the previous owner. The write up involved saudering points on a mobo and i was not cool with doing it on my own. You placed a blank CD in the changer and set it to repeat for it to play

Old 04-07-2014, 05:39 AM
Super Moderator

How is everyone doing?

Old 04-08-2014, 03:29 PM
Super Moderator

Doing good! Been keeping busy between work and the car. How are you?

How's the Cruze? Still holding up well? My girlfriend just picked up a 2011 LT 1.4T last week. Nice little car. Still like my Buick better though! haha

I got a little package in the mail today. A Magnaflow 11225 muffler Hopefully I'll be able to get it put on in a week or two

Quick Reply: Buick Forum Chat