Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic...

Buick Forum Chat

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2012, 12:10 AM
Super Moderator

Hey Merc, did you ever get those reflective letters for your car after?

I ordered some and got them in the mail the other day. Just waiting for some good weather to put them on

http://img600.imageshack.us/img600/4213/imag0021l.jpg

Old 01-06-2012, 12:42 AM
Super Moderator

No I went from being on extended leave w/o pay to barely having a few days off. Once this next check comes I will decide on either light silver or reflective black. I might even go blue to match my bumper stickers. were those 3D or stick on top the ones there?

Some of the snow melted and the sun gave me a nice dry patch in the driveway yesterday. Deep creep and oil change was done right on time. I didn't really produce that big of a smoke show as I did with my other cars granted I used the liquid seafoam then vs this aerosol metheod. I kinda liked the idea that I was 100% sure it was evenly distributed to all the cylinders this way.

Old 01-06-2012, 12:48 AM
Super Moderator

Thats just the normal ones. I went the cheapest route I could lol. I'm planning on trying to pull the chrome letters out, and put these in right. Hopefully they're willing to come out easy.

Old 01-06-2012, 12:58 AM
Super Moderator

Not sure how warm it gets there but they shoud come out nicely on a 85 degree day. When I did my JDM badges on my Mazda 6 I used carpet cleaner to loosen the factory surface mounted letters off the trunk(all I had then LOL). goo gone, goof off, buper sticker/label remover and last resort WD-40 works but you want to wash and wax that area A.S.A.P. when you finnished. Old credit cards work good but not with those recessed Buick letters. If you could find a flat plastic object to get under there vs a flathead. I think the "c" is going to be the hardest one.

Old 01-06-2012, 01:10 AM
Super Moderator

The warmest its supposed to be in the next week is 40* so I'm gonna have to work to get it off. haha. I have a hobby knife, so that might be good enough to get it started..

Old 01-06-2012, 01:20 AM
Super Moderator

That should work. When I did my bumper stickers I waited till I got to work. They have a heated garage so the bumper and stickers were warm when applied.

Been looking at all the custom CAI setups between regal and grand ams. Going to do to one more modification on the airbox and call it a day if I can't find that ecu bracket in the J yard.

Old 01-06-2012, 01:25 AM
Super Moderator

Good luck with finding one. I'd like to see your car with a CAI.. something I've wanted to do since I got my car. One of the reasons I don't want to get a new car is because it'll probably be something with decent aftermarket support, unlike the Century, which 90% of the things have to be custom. I like the challenge of trying to be creative to make my car a little different than every other Buick on the road.

Old 01-06-2012, 01:34 AM
Super Moderator

Make sure you look at the aftermarket 1st. Nothing for my Subaru is cheap and if it is expect to use a hacksaw and torch to make it fit.

Old 01-06-2012, 01:42 AM
Super Moderator

Yeah, I've been looking at that. Right now, I'm leaning towards a 2006+ Impala/Monte Carlo or Grand Prix.. there seems to be a decent amount of aftermarket parts available, and its not real expensive. At the same time, I'd like to have another Buick.. the Allure (LaCrosse) of the same era, but there's little aftermarket support for that car :\

Old 01-06-2012, 01:52 AM
Super Moderator

i was only looking at the engines of those cars. the 3500 was the best engine but took too much aftermerket parts that are backordered for it to work. only issue I seen with the newer impalas was the water pumps. They are really nice on gas I will admit that. The LTZ rentals always came with remote start too.

Quick Reply: Buick Forum Chat