News, Updates & Announcements Stop in here to get the latest on Buick Forum happenings! Just take a look...

2014 Buick LaCrosse

Old 07-24-2013, 11:34 AM
IB Staff
Default 2014 Buick LaCrosse

Filed under: Sedan, Buick, First Drives, Luxury

A Nice, New Buick Aims For Middle Of The Road

Any time someone describes some portion of a car or a driving experience as being "nice," I want to either A) throttle them or B) run as fast and as far as I can from that vehicle. "Nice" is among the most insidious words in the English language - at best it's vague, and at worst, it conveys the exact opposite of its literal meaning. Yet it seems to be used with damnable frequency when it comes to verbally illustrating vehicles. "It looks really nice," or "These seats feel nice," or, heaven forefend, "It's got a nice ride," are all windy signifiers of absolutely nothing resembling a concrete opinion. "Nice" is the adjectival equivalent of meekly smiling and nodding your head.

Of course, I'm as guilty as the next person of having thrown English's least powerful descriptor around. There's even a chance that, rant aside, you'll catch me making nice in reviews to come. That's fine, but you should know that when you stumble upon such usage, past or future, that you've found a sentence in which I'm simply applying a bare minimum of effort to the task.

Right, let's talk about the newly updated 2014 Buick LaCrosse.Continue reading 2014 Buick LaCrosse

2014 Buick LaCrosse originally appeared on Autoblog on Wed, 24 Jul 2013 11:57:00 EST. Please see our terms for use of feeds.

Permalink | Email this | Comments

More...

Old 02-08-2020, 05:51 PM

Hello to all.

I have a 2014 Buick LaCrosse and the eye glass compartment dropped out and was hoping someone can tell me how to
get the unit it is in apart without breaking anything so I can put it back in.
your help would be greatly appreciated.

Ole Red

Old 02-09-2020, 06:42 AM

To our forum editor,
I was always under the impression when someone said something was nice meant it was acceptable and pleasing.
It is only a forum and anytime we can get a positive reply on something ,why not be happy with that.

Hoping you have a "nice" day, lol.

Old 02-09-2020, 06:46 AM

Ole Red,
Not sure of just how the parts are secured without looking at them.
Can you stop at any Buick dealer and ask them ? That should be a quickie if the location is not too far.

Old 02-09-2020, 10:46 AM

Thank You Hank

The dealership I use is 80 miles from here. I don't use the local one.
May just take a stab at it and see what happens.
Have a great day.

Ole Red