New Member Area Are you new to Buick Forum?? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride...

Sayin' Hello

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2012, 01:41 PM
Default Sayin' Hello

Hi Folks,

I just bought a 1971 Electra 225 2-door, Willowmist Green, and figured I needed to join a community that can help point me in the right direction on stuff.

Can someone point me to the correct part of the forums where the other Electra folks hang out? (I didn't see an Electra-specific forum, but maybe I missed it.) I'm really looking forward to learning from everyone!

The story of my journey here:

I began to get the itch for a big luxo-barge some six months ago (requirements: cushy ride, auto tranny, cruise control), and I toyed around with the idea of buying an old Rolls or a Mercedes, or maybe a Ford-era jag. After not finding something of the right "gravitas", I figured that I'd look for something mid-70s American, Fisher body, with classic styling. A lot of these met the crusher in "cash for clunkers", it turns out.

I took a look at a few Electras, and I really like the 4-door models, but this 2-door showed up in a craigslist search, and at 92K on the odo, it had a crazy-good well-documented history for 85K of it... all in the Wyoming/Kansas/Nebraska/Colorado region... with every tankful and repair documented. It sat in a Cheyenne garage for ten years as the original owner aged and eventually passed on, and the guy I bought it from (the 2nd owner) did almost nothing to it after picking it up, short of piling on 7000 miles in 6 months.

Naturally, there's a lot of stuff under the hood that needs to be dealt with, but none of it is unexpected and I have a nice project to work on, and with a car that has this kind of presence, that work will have ongoing rewards.

So that's my story. Looking forward to meeting everyone.
Thanks,
-- Randy

Old 03-18-2012, 08:04 PM

Nice find ! Great riding and performing automobile, and easy to work on too.
Welcome to the site !