New Member Area Are you new to Buick Forum?? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride...

Proud GM Owner of Three Years

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2009, 01:58 AM

After searching for Buick forums since my recent purchase of a ''96 Riviera, I found this place. I began driving in 2005, with an ''86 Ford Thunderbird for my first car. I didn''t keep it too long, because it kept giving my wallet grief with its frequent trips to the mechanic. Since ditching the Ford, I have owned two GM vehicles -a ''97 PontiacGrand AM, and a ''96 Buick Riviera (the one I drive now). Before the Grand Am was totalled in a wreck that destroyed the entire rear, I had very few and relatively inexpensive problems with it, not to mention the good gas mileage. After the wreck, I decided it was time for an upgrade to GMs entry level luxury line, and I went ahead and got the Riviera. All of the electronics appear to work much better than they didin the Grand AM, and instead of a 2.4 liter engine, this car sports a 3800 supercharged V6 (most favored engine from GM by consumers), with excellent comfort and smooth driving to boot. MyFather and many family friendshave ownedBuicks, and theyvouch for their comfort,a modern driving experience (with classic looking bodies), and their high reliability ratings. I am assuming GM put a lot more effort into this line of cars from what I have experienced with it and readso far, and I hope to be able to continue sharing good experiences about this classic machine, and learn all I can here about the models quirks, flaws, and good points. I still need to do some minor work to the car (minor repainting, shocks, wipers)as well, and I may keep everyone updated. After talking the price down with the dealer,I got the car for $3000 (includes tax, tag, title)in fair to good condition. He originally wanted $3200 without tax, tag, and title.