New Member Area Are you new to Buick Forum?? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride...

Our Ultra

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2010, 12:52 PM
Default Our Ultra

First, let me say that our 2002 Park Avenue Ultra is the best vehicle I have ever owned.

It's close to a one-of-a-kind - it was a factor demo car, trucked to dealers as a show car. Four-door, fully loaded with every thing the factory could pile on it, including a super-charged V6. Leather, separate thermostatic heat/cool, heated seats, a memory system that senses which key or fob is used and remembers those preferences. And the list goes on - Sun/Moon roof, a twelve CD changer in a good-sized trunk. Radio with another CD player and a tape. It even has a special key that starts the car but doesn't give access to the trunk or glove box.

It had 125 original miles on it - that's in and off the transport - enclosed, I'm sure. Our long-time friend and the source of all of our vehicles over the years, guided us to the back lot to see a new shipment - three of these beauties.

We picked the metallic blue/gray with a heavy discount and came off a winner.

Since this was one a a few factory demo cars to show off the best Buick had to offer, I have a feeling that it was not built on the regular production line.

It has 130,000 miles on it, averages 27-28 mpg. I would be interested in any thing any one knows about these Factory Demo cars.