New Member Area Are you new to Buick Forum?? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride...

New Member Introduction

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2007, 12:29 PM

Hello, Everyone:

I’m glad I found this forum, so I can learn more about my 1977 Buick Regal coupe, 350 V8, 2bbl, automatic, gold.

Right now, I may barely know enough from experience to give a few basic tips on the simple work I’ve done on my car; I’m not a trained mechanic.

As a kid growing up on the East Coast in the 50s and 60s, the most impressive car I ever saw was probably a 1956 Buick. I remember it having dual exhaust and all kinds of power accessories, and I was only 10 years old then.

Since then, I’ve admired a variety of different cars of different makes and models, stock and customized. But it was probably the 1956 Buick that started my love affair with cool cars. I go to car shows, locally and in S.F., whenever I can, and still gawk at amazing looking classic cars crusin’ down the road in my town.

My 1977 Buick is in pretty good condition. Upholstery still looks decent; the dash is cracked but still looks okay for now. It’ll cost $500 or so to have it restored, I’m told.

The paint is original (most of it), somewhat faded but not bad at all.

Sometimes people will look and smile when I drive it and say it looks “clean.”

I installed floor carpeting in it last summer, fixed the driver’s seat forward/backward slide mechanism up under the seat, had the car tuned up (I don’t think they did a good job), had some drive train leaks repaired, bought a new battery, changed the oil and transmission fluid, etc., and got all the lights working. My car has new tires on it (needs an alignment) and runs okay, but probably also needs a real in-depth tune-up to recover some lost power.

But it does pass the smog test every year when I apply for renewal of my registration in <st1:State><st1lace>California</st1lace></st1:State> -- where I’ve been living since the late 1970s. I’ve owned my Buick since around 1980. I do wash and wax it and try to keep it looking nice.

I look forward to reading the postings on this forum.
< =>
<!--
var SymRealOnLoad;
var SymReal;

Sym()
{
window.open = SymWinOpen;
if(SymReal != null)
SymReal();
}

SymOnLoad()
{