New Member Area Are you new to Buick Forum?? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride...

New to me Lucerne in the stable

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2014, 08:28 AM
Default New to me Lucerne in the stable

Greetings,

I just inherited a 2007 Lucerne CXL with 19K on the odometer. Lots of short trips around town (20 mi or less) and a few longer ones every couple months (60+mi). History I know of the vehicle is a faulty tire pressure sensor that needs replaced and a few scrapes /scuffs from parking. The car was garaged its entire life and very rarely driven in rain / snow.

I'll be checking for perished rubber (tires, belts, hoses) as well as getting all the fluids / filters changed and the battery checked as well. Some fuel system cleaner is probably in order as well. This will be a daily driver for my college aged son to replace a 2005 Saturn ION with 140K.

The car has been dealer serviced and was in at least 2x per year for check ups and all recall work has been done. I've called the dealer to request a vehicle service history and am waiting on that to be faxed over.

What things should I be looking at or concerned with on this car? I'd like to be preemptive on maintenance since I will see it only once or twice a year after I drop it off to my son.