New Member Area Are you new to Buick Forum?? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride...

New Guy with New Family Truckster

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2011, 12:28 PM
Default New Guy with New Family Truckster

Hello There... new here to the Buick Forum... noticed there wasn't an area with us guys with Roadmasters! What gives?! Just last week I picked up a 1994 Buick Roadmaster Estate Wagon with 155K miles... Light Mist Blue with "Woodgrain" and blue leather interior. She floats like a dream and handles like a Corvette... however... just after I bought the car I noticed a slight hiccup in the acceleration. The guy I bought it from said he added Seafoam and it cleared the hiccups right up. So I did that as well as an injector cleaner. It didn't get any better, infact, it went from hiccups to a full on convulsion!!! Over the weekend I changed the trans fulid, filter and gasket.. thought it might be the that the trans fluid was low.... no dice. Yesterday, I added HEET to about 3/4 of a tank... that seemed to help a little bit, but it's still hesitating when accelerating, but when I jump on it and get it over 70 it runs like a champ... so I'm not sure what to make of it. It's got the 5.7L V8 and Im getting about 13mpg... / not really happy about it. Any help, suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Mark

Name:  -1.jpg
Views: 162
Size:  133.7 KB

Old 08-17-2011, 01:57 PM
Super Moderator

Welcome! You have a great car there..I love those roadmasters

Your little "hiccup" could be a fuel filter that is becoming plugged, or a failing fuel pressure regulator. The filter is only a few dollars, and a fairly simple fix, so I would try that first

Old 08-17-2011, 02:05 PM

Originally Posted by xlt2k
Welcome! You have a great car there..I love those roadmasters

Your little "hiccup" could be a fuel filter that is becoming plugged, or a failing fuel pressure regulator. The filter is only a few dollars, and a fairly simple fix, so I would try that first
Fuel filter was my next step, then take a look at the fuel pump and sending unit.... thanks!

So how 'bout a special section for us Roadmasters?!?!

Old 08-17-2011, 05:38 PM

That picture brings back some wonderful memories. They don't make them like that anymore. That's what made Buick its reputation and why they are still making Buicks. Lets hope they don't forget how to make a great car.

Old 08-17-2011, 09:20 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by MarkH
So how 'bout a special section for us Roadmasters?!?!

There are no active mods on the forum as far as I know.. I've been trying to get in touch with them to no avail. Hopefully something can be arranged eventually.

Old 08-18-2011, 10:50 AM

Originally Posted by hanky
That picture brings back some wonderful memories. They don't make them like that anymore. That's what made Buick its reputation and why they are still making Buicks. Lets hope they don't forget how to make a great car.
It's a GREAT car to drive! Full frame, rear wheel drive, true dual exhaust, small block V8... it's the last of the true American Made Cars!

Had my mechanic drive it yesterday and he says the "hiccup" is actually a missfire and thinks it might be a bad plug or wire or both. Hope to have this resolved by the weekend.

Old 09-14-2011, 06:43 PM

Hey guys, read the post about the Roadmaster section of the forum. I will be working to get that on here for you. One of my personal favorites.

-Nolan