New Member Area Are you new to Buick Forum?? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride...

New with a 57 Century

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2022, 08:24 AM
Default New with a 57 Century

Good day,
I had this drop in my lap, belongs to a distant relative. I am retired so do stuff as a hobby. I have a Buick cousin a 62 Olds F85 I am currently working on so the 57 Century will need to wait a while, but I am tinkering with it as I wait on parts. And it needs a lot of tinkering. My other GM experience is rebuilding a 58 98 and a 64 88. This is my first Buick experience.
The story I got is Grandma and Grandpa bought this new in 57 and kept it on the farm in Salinas. They parked it in the shed in 1988, left the keys in the ignition, screwed the shed doors shut and went into the retirement home. There it sat until it was trailered to my house in the Pacific NW, last week, and I am asked to get it on the road so the dad, who is 88, can have a ride in it again before he is gone. Not sure I can make that timeline.
So as you can imagine the mouse infestation is horrible. I got to keep the shop windows open all night. First thing I checked and no surprise, the engine is locked up.
So I just wanted to say hello and I will move this thread to the proper area and continue to ask for some advice.
Thank you,
Steve