New Member Area Are you new to Buick Forum?? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride...

I just bought a 2001 Lesabre

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2006, 07:10 PM

Nice forum everyone. I'm 45 years young, very active. I scuba dive and jog and golf, etc... Happliy married for 22 years. (VERY happily married now that I bought my wife a new used car. We got the used car buyers dream last weekend.

A couple 80 yrs old bought this car in 2001 for 29 grand. drove it to church and the market, etc.. put 21 thousand miles on it.. Garaged it. Babied it... We talked to some good friends of theirs that told us this after we bought it.... They had to go into a retirement home so they sold the car back to the dealer. (Did ALL the service checks etc. We have all the papers proving it.)

My wife says to me sunday. "Lets go look at cars just for fun at Willamette auto, (Where our Son works) "I promise I wont wanna buy any." (I was dumb enough to believe her!) We didnt know about this car at the time... We went, drove a few cars, saw 2 Buick lesabres side by side.. A 2001 with 59k miles on it. Another 2001 with 21k on it... Both cars had a price of 9995 on them. we wondered why it was the same price since the blue one was also a 'custom' model and WAY better overall shape. So we drove it.

I tell you. what a dream driver. So velvet power, smooth, comfortable. The car pampers you... etc. I could go on and on. No wonder old geezers buy these things. (No offense meant to present company of course!) Its an awesome car! 20 mpg city, 30 highway. My wife loved it! And she has been driving an 82 chevy sprint. For 20 years I've been the guy who buys a 3 thousand dollar car then drives it until the wheels fall off...

We bought it. with a trade in, an old 81 Suburban. 9100 bucks. We havent had car payments in 22 yrs. since the lamo subura wagon we bought in mcminnville. ) When we went in to buy and the guy pulls out the extended warranty.. I usually automatically say no on those but listened anyway. GM, 4 yrs or 48 thousand miles.. bumper to bumper, everything! 2600 bucks.. up our monthly price 30 bucks... I was going to go for it anyway as a insurance measure then I said.. "So you must know our Son Kyle? he works here.." The guy lit up.. "Yes I know Kyle!" so he ripped up old contract, redid the math and says. "You get the employee discount as family. 1500 for the bumper to bumper 4 year warranty!"

So... Bottom line...

We got an awesome car. in all respects brand new. that bulletproof v6 motor that idles down the freeway at 65 mph doing 1800 rpm cuz its got such amazing torque, (Whatever torque is... its some cool engine dealie that puts out tons of low end power) I doubt those old folks that owned it ever even got on the freeway.
So.... A 29 thousand dollar luxury car, with a 4 year warranty, for 10,600 bucks. (Payment of 195 a month)

COOOOO COO COOOOOOOOO!!!!!

My wife will never let me buy any car but a luxury car from here on out.

The more I drive it the more I like it. Well.. I gotta go wash it now. Stupid neighborhood cats are walking on it at night!!!! Edited by: Roy White

Old 08-08-2006, 10:21 AM

Nice, sounds like you got a great deal on the car.

I myself just bought a 99 Regal last night for $7575 with 58,000 miles on her (I thought that was a pretty good deal also).

I saw the car online, went to the dealership to check her out and ended up driving it home. I traded in my 99 Dodge Intrepid with 145K miles on it (pretty good considering it was a 2.7l engine!)

So I'm happy, my fiance is happy and all is good. I can't wait to be one of the guys in 10 years that can say "yep that old regal over there, she's got 315,000 miles on er."

Old 08-08-2006, 11:57 PM

Dont let any of your friends give you any guff about how you are driving an old mans car! I've heard nothin but jokes every since I bought it.

Old 08-09-2006, 10:12 AM

oh yeah my fiance keeps saying "its a grandpa car" I just laugh because the car is basically the same thing as a grand prix just a different body style.

But it is the most comfortable ride I have ever owned, not that I've owned alot of nice vehicle (only 23) but this is the youngest one I have ever had.

Old 10-11-2006, 12:38 PM
Super Moderator

i hear that all the time. "ehh its just a grandpa car." what ever, i guess theyll just never know.

Old 10-19-2006, 11:57 PM

We bought our '01 Lesabre Ltd. in June '04. It was 3 yrs old with 6900 miles, yes, 69 hundred miles.

The owner had bought a new one, $34,000 we paid less than half that for his "used" one from the Buick dealer.

However, soon the story takes a nose dive.

At 10700 miles all 4 power windows failed. I had them return the old parts - made in Korea.

At 20,400 miles the tie rod ends are worn.

At 24,000 miles rt front wheel brg and hub worn.

Now the dash pad has separated at the front and I'm quoted $750 to replace it. The dealer shrugged it off as a result of Florida weather, wonder why they sell the cars here?

Now my criuse control wont switch on. I feel it's a relay, a small problem 'til the dealer gets it in the shop.

Trouble is I LOVE the car, great ride, super gas mileage.

Any comments on the dash problem. GM disowns you with the expiration of the warranty. Dont they realise ther would be no new car sales without a market for the old ones?

I dont mind paying for my "wear % tear" items. But I object tro getting screwed for the design "mess" ups![img]smileys/smiley19.gif[/img]