New Member Area Are you new to Buick Forum?? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride...

Hello from Montana

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2011, 08:40 PM
Default Hello from Montana

Hello -

I currently drive a 2003 Buick Century and a 1998 Buick LeSabre. I had owned a 1994 Park Avenue that had 180K miles on it and still ran strong when I sold it. I do as much of my own mechanical work as I can. These Buicks are safe, economical, and comfortable.

My sister made me a believer when she was involved in a collision in her Buick Park Avenue. She was driving in a downpour that obscured vision even with the windshield wipers on their highest setting. The driver ahead of her pulled over to the side of the road due to visibility problems. She pulled over behind that car. The driver behind her was just following headlights and slammed into the back end of her Park Avenue at about 50 mph. It crushed her car between the other two. The impact was bad enough to bend the seat posts on the driver's seat. My sister was treated and released with nothing worse than a nagging back injury. She owes her life to the engineering of that Buick.

My sister, my brother-in-law, my wife, my father, and I continue to drive Buicks in the interest of safety, reliability, comfort, and economy.

Mark

Old 05-16-2011, 02:42 PM

Welcome to the site. Always good to welcome Buick families.
Glad your sister came out alright in that incident.
I drive a Buick and so do both of my sons. I like to tell the story of when I used to take my auto shop classes to the GM plant and watch the Buick Riviera being built. That goes back a way , but the experience was worth it.
Many moons ago, while attending a GM training class we were told that Buick was the only car division that paid a man to measure the bumper height on every Buick made at that plant. Says something for their performance.

Old 05-19-2011, 11:23 AM

Hello and welcome here.its a very good and friendly site.hope you have a good time.