New Member Area Are you new to Buick Forum?? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride...

Hello!

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2017, 11:16 AM
Default Hello!

thanks for having me, I have owned several 3.8's and currently run a 77 odd fire in a 1942 ****** MB. I'm trying to build a 109 short block I picked up, but have many questions🤔. I have a 84 engine complete, I thought I could use the parts off to complete the 109 short block, but found out otherwise😔. So I need a different timing cover and oil pan than the 84... what about the balance issues? Can I just use the harmonic balancer off the 84 and buy a flywheel for the 109? The short block is brand new built, but I have none of the other original parts from this engine. If it's not balance correctly, does it render it useless? I currently have a flywheel on my 77 odd fire, but the 84 has a flexplate. The heads off the 84 are 8445's, so they will work on the 109 block, what about the rocker assemblies and the pushrods? Will my holley 4 barrel intake off the odd fire work with the 109 and 8445's? The 84 has a edelbrock duel plane, but it sits to tall for my ****** hood. My headers on the odd fire should work with the later 8445's right? Sorry for all the questions, but my weeks of internet research has left me somewhat confused. Thank for any and all help! 👍🏼🍻 Fred in Texas

Last edited by 3.8WillysMB; 03-09-2017 at 11:17 AM. Reason: Name and location