New Member Area Are you new to Buick Forum?? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride...

Buzz

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2012, 10:06 PM
Default Buzz

We recently purchased a (New) 2011 Buick Regal CXL from a dealer. We love the car.
In the past two weeks a constant buzzzing noise started at the right front wheel well area. The noise is not related to the engine as it will start as soon as the ignition is turned on. It gets noticeably louder when hood is opened. The dealer's mechanic (told my wife) suggesting it would go away with further driving. That hasn't happened.
Would there be any known problems of this type? What should I tell the dealer?
Any feedback would be appreciated; thanks!, Greg.

Last edited by GregoryD; 09-30-2012 at 10:09 PM. Reason: Typo's
Old 10-13-2012, 03:29 PM
Default Buzz

Turned out to be power brake booster motor. The assembly
was replaced by dealer.
Thanks; Greg

Old 10-13-2012, 06:15 PM

Thank you for the update and info.
Quite a few new vehicles are coming out with electrically operated pumps to reduce weight and horsepower drains on the smaller engines. Among them are electric water pumps, power steering pumps and even oil pumps.

Old 11-17-2012, 12:45 AM
Banned

YES! Great piece, keep up the terrific work.solar products in Pakistan
This is the type of information that should gain recognition for it’s craft.solar chargers Pakistan
More writers should learn from you. This is right on the money. great site i must say....very enjoyable stuff is placed here in a very appropriate way...thanks for publish this site…thanks for publish it..its a good attempt..