New Member Area Are you new to Buick Forum?? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride...

70 Skylark to GSX Clone - Help needed

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2012, 03:48 PM
Default 70 Skylark to GSX Clone - Help needed

Hello everyone out there in the land of everything Buick. I am back from my trip overseas and I am looking to get this rebuild/restoration/whatever-you-want-to-call-it started pronto and need some advice/help from those more experienced. I am good with cars, but still novice in many areas and looking to learn anything I can. I'm pretty much looking to make the Skylark into a GSX clone, but have minor modern conveniences (beefier 455 rather than the current 350, classic radio with an aux input, newer speakers that fit and look classic). Still need to work out details such as disc brake system details and what to do with the suspension. If you want to see pics, check out my page on www.cardomain.com, user name OUbobcat08.

If ANYONE is looking to provide some advice/help on this, please feel free to message me or post something. Also, being that I am new to all of this, if anyone experienced in rebuilding older cars is in/near the Columbus, OH area and willing to be a "mentor" so to speak, it would be GREATLY appreciated. Thank you all and hope to hear from people soon.

Old 05-21-2012, 09:04 PM
Super Moderator

Welcome to the forum!

I'm not familiar with the small differences in the GSX/Skylark, so I can't help much in that aspect.

Good luck on the conversion! I'm sure it will look great