Default Reset tire pressure

How do I reset tire pressure warnings?

Old 12-30-2011, 01:48 PM
Super Moderator

Till someone else chimes in,

http://www.buick.com/content/dam/Bui...ner-Manual.pdf

Page 6-65 is where it starts.

Old 01-01-2012, 09:24 AM
Default How do you reset tire pressure warning on 2011 Lucerne?

Manual doesn't cover how to reset and doesn't go up to page 6-65.
I read other models that talk about a reset button in a fuse box?

Old 01-01-2012, 11:58 AM
Super Moderator

Some Buicks (like my century) have a red button in the passenger side fuse panel. Although, I would assume that the light should go out once the tire pressure is correct.

Old 01-01-2012, 11:27 PM
Super Moderator

I was on that site and it's a informaton menu item. All the newer GM's have the info menus with drop down menus and buttons. Let me see if I can copy pasta.

Page 6-65 is pdf page 347 of 446 but, I found it elsewhere... That book jumps around with the info.

211 of 446 pdf and actual book page 4-55

Copy Pasta
TIRE LOW ADD AIR TO TIRE
On vehicles with the Tire Pressure Monitor System
(TPMS), this message displays when the pressure in
one or more of the vehicle's tires is low. This message
also displays LEFT FRT (left front), RIGHT FRT (right
front), LEFT RR (left rear), or RIGHT RR (right rear) to
indicate the location of the low tire. The low tire

pressure warning light will also come on. See
TirePressure Light on page 435. If a tire pressure message appears on the DIC, stop as soon as you can. Have the tire pressures checked and set to those shown on the Tire Loading Information label. See Tires on page 656, Loading the Vehicle on page 518, and Inflation - Tire Pressure on page 663. You can receive more than one tire pressure message at a time. To read the other messages that may have been sent at the same time, press the set/reset button. The DIC also shows the tire pressure values. See DIC Operation and Displays on page 441.
To reset it you have to use your menu buttons to the left of your gauges(Tach). Should be 4 buttons to pick from and the last one on the right is the check mark(reset button). Hit the checkmark when that message comes up on start up.

Just out of curiosity, does it come on when it's cold out and as you drive it goes back to normal? The tires could just barely be low and driving them generates enough heat to bring the psi back up. Have you added air since it came on and it tell you which tire(s) were low? The side facing the sun will read higher than the others when parked for a while. On my moms truck, OnStar constantly sent emails about the tires being low but the truck said otherwise. She ended up taking it back for new sensors and a relearn. The relearn option dissapeared from the menue options since then. Just another FYI if they have green tire caps the dealer is using nitrogen to fill the tires. Some charge and some don't to fill them up.

Last edited by Merc6; 01-02-2012 at 12:07 AM.
Old 09-17-2012, 08:16 PM
Banned

Thanks for this! I'm also looking for a way to reset my tire pressure but I can't seem to find it in the manual. Good thing Merc6 paste some info here..

Old 09-22-2012, 09:39 AM

Thanks for sharing such a vital information, actually I am looking for information regarding. Now this thread definitely help me a lot.

Old 10-17-2012, 06:26 AM

The articles and comments are pretty satisfying to know about the tire pressure and not fully confident,It is just a small request from my side that if it possible for any one to share any video regarding the tutorial so that my ideas regarding this would be more clear..!!!

Old 04-06-2015, 12:08 AM
Default automobiles

Regular preventive maintenance is probably the single thing you can do as a car owner to keep your ride happy and save money on repairs in the future. However, not everyone agrees on what preventive maintenance is, what you should do, and when you should do it. Let's clear that up, and give you some tips that'll apply to any vehicle.
………………………………………………….

PREVENTATIVE VEHICLE MAINTENANCE