Lucerne Buick's full size luxury vehicle

Lucerne Vibration at Highway Speeds

Old 08-28-2015, 03:12 PM
Default Lucerne Vibration at Highway Speeds

I have a 2011 Lucerne with 31,000 miles on it. I have a new set ofMichelin Defender tires on it and have a ride vibration from 53 mph thru 62mph. This vibration was there before the new tires were added. Three differenttire stores have balanced the tires with various comments, but none haveeliminated the vibration. The last vendor re-balanced three times - first witha standard rotating balancer; second with a drum-driven, expensive balancer;and third observed the tires rotating on a lift and rebalanced one tire seenmoving a bit. This reputable vendor said the tires are not the problem and tocheck with the dealer. The dealer says there should be nothing wrong with only31,000 miles. Can anyone suggest any rotating item on my car that could producethis vibration so I can ask the dealer to address my problem? Thanks.

Old 07-06-2016, 05:01 AM

Originally Posted by fs2flyer
I have a 2011 Lucerne with 31,000 miles on it. I have a new set ofMichelin Defender tires on it and have a ride vibration from 53 mph thru 62mph. This vibration was there before the new tires were added. Three differenttire stores have balanced the tires with various comments, but none haveeliminated the vibration. The last vendor re-balanced three times - first witha standard rotating balancer; second with a drum-driven, expensive balancer;and third observed the tires rotating on a lift and rebalanced one tire seenmoving a bit. This reputable vendor said the tires are not the problem and tocheck with the dealer. The dealer says there should be nothing wrong with only31,000 miles. Can anyone suggest any rotating item on my car that could producethis vibration so I can ask the dealer to address my problem? Thanks.
I own a 2010 Lucerne V-6 CXL that I purchased with 43k miles.
I came with CPO and I purchased a 48/48 GMPP.
The car had brand new tires and a highway speed vibration. Right at 65 to 70 mph.
I've had the tires balanced 4 times and it still vibrated.
I recently had motor mounts replaced and that solved the problem.
I know it sounds like very low miles for this to happen but it did the trick.
You might want to have your checked.
My car now has 49k, it was purchased Sept 2014 with 43k on it.
Warreneaux.