Lucerne Buick's full size luxury vehicle

Great Car

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2006, 10:20 AM

I have 15K miles on my Lucerne CXS, excellent car. Edited by: bobf823

Old 08-25-2006, 12:06 PM

I agree--this is the best rideing car i have dove in a long time.I do alot of rentals where i work and this beats them all hands down.Edited by: smoothride

Old 10-12-2006, 06:11 AM

I JUST RETURNED FROM A 1500 MILE ROAD TRIP FROM FL. TO THE SMOKIE MTNS.THE CAR PREFORMED OUTSTANDING!I AVERAGED 23.4 MPG OVERALL--THIS INCLUDED LOTS OF MOUNTAIN MILES.[img]smileys/smiley16.gif[/img]

Old 02-12-2007, 10:47 AM

Well I am happy you fellows enjoy your new Lucernes. Compaired to my wife's 2000 LeSabra, mine is a poor second. The Lucerne rides like a tank, pulls to the right, and mileage sucks. It is scheduled for the dealer today. Hope they can make it into a Buick and not a 64 volkswagon.

Old 08-08-2007, 02:08 PM

Polarzal:

Which model Lucerne do you have? Engine? Suspension? Wheels/tires? Give us a little more info please.Edited by: Tony

Old 02-15-2008, 06:37 PM

</>Can't say i'm too pleased with mine either. Interior door handle rattles, passenger headrest rattles, car pulls to theleft, steering isnon-responsive,unreliable handling/controlin the snow - a little uncharacteristic for a front wheel drive IMO, suspension leveling system is stuck in the UP position....AGAIN (twice)!

The car in my opinion has potential. Its only a CX which may or may not contribute to the handling - my understanding is that the CXS and CXL have unique suspensions, true? Idon't mind making a few upgrades in terms of suspension to improve the handling on this bus if i have too; springs, shocks, sway bar, etc. The car is primarily used for business travel, so i'm in it ALOT.

Iwork in a sales capacity for the company that manufacturers the grille for the currentLucerneas well as the new one,so fascia and grille upgrades will also happen. I've upgraded the wheels to the CXL chrome 17s, but these will go soon for 18s.</>Edited by: SS403

Old 11-14-2012, 07:57 AM

[QUOTE=SS403;3403]</>Can't say i'm too pleased with mine either. Interior door handle rattles, passenger headrest rattles, car pulls to theleft, steering isnon-responsive,unreliable handling/controlin the snow - a little uncharacteristic for a front wheel drive IMO, suspension leveling system is stuck in the UP position....AGAIN (twice)!

Mine did the stuck in up postion and it was a faulty compresser, there is a exhust valve that is suppose to let air out and it was stuck so the leveling system did not work.
Lucky for me I had the extended warranty as the compresser was $781.75
Mike

Old 11-24-2012, 01:34 AM

really its awesome