LeSabre Buick's flagship mid-sized luxury sedan

Triumph Stag and Buick LeSabre

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2009, 02:42 AM

Diego, where Brian B captured a very Jalopnik-centric pair of vintage cars: a 1968 Buick LeSabre and a 1972 Triumph Stag. One is a vast sedan with styling that may have been aimed at old people, but at least they were hip old people (like retired mobsters, etc). The other is a sporty British V8 machine with a reputation for unreliability so awe-inspiring that you can''t help but admire its owner. Good finds!

(Buick): I saw this lovely ol'' gal docked in Pacific Beach and thought you might enjoy. She appears to be original and the relative lack of rust tells me she hasn''t spent her whole life in CO. I''d peg it as a ''68, giving it the 2bbl 350, right?
(Triumph) I saw this beautiful Stag, replete with removable HT option, when I went to my neighborhood c-store today. Apart from the dirty water spots and the slushbox, the car is absolutely flawless. Don''t know about you, but I don''t see one of these every day - let alone in such great condition. Hopefully has owned it over the years has been insane enough to keep the original TR 3.0 liter V8.