LeSabre Buick's flagship mid-sized luxury sedan

How does the electronic ride controll work?

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2009, 08:43 PM
Default How does the electronic ride controll work?

I just have a question an a 98 Lesaber limited’s suspension. I was impressed that loading passengers in the back seats did not seam change the ride high. Alternatively, I do not remember hearing an air compressor turn on. I looked under the back and saw what looks like a ride height sensor (arm coming out of a box attached the A arm.) but no air bags in the springs.
The car says Dynaride on the dash (which I hear means nothing). This car is fully loaded (even for a Buick) so is stands to reason it has the electronic ride control (and I do see a sensor) so, just wondering how does this system work & how quiet is the compressor?
I’ve only driven the car a few times and I’ve been offerd to trade my 98 Oldsmobile 88 LS for it. Thinking about it.

Last edited by cstoliker; 09-18-2009 at 10:22 PM.
Old 09-19-2009, 09:25 PM

could you have air shocks?

Old 10-09-2009, 08:32 PM
Default 1997 Buick shocks

I have a 1997 Lesabre Limited. It has air shocks on the rear. Compressor in rear under body as the shops say. Bet that is what you have. Anyone needing a new compressor can contact me. They are expensive. Just found source while "just lookinf around" No, I donot sell parts for a living!! Have a good day jps