LeSabre Buick's flagship mid-sized luxury sedan

Engine shutter help

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2008, 12:23 PM

*from this topic https://www.buickforum.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=1517moved by SJ out respect for the original author.*

hey guys,
The original post made by scaryslow describes to the letter what my 94 LaSabre is doing doing to the letter. I have replaced the plugs, wires,coil packs and the front axles in an attempt to make the shuttering go away. It still ides slightly rougher then it should and after the replaced the coil packs it got a little better, it is still shuttering. I would greatly appreciate any other ideas from guys that know these cars better then i do. I really cannot afford to keep throwing parts at this car till i eventually find the problem or rebuild it (lol).
Thanx for you ideas
Edited by: samueljackson

Old 05-25-2008, 12:30 PM

Also, I have put new tires all around and hopefully the shop balanced them correctly. But that is where i am at so far

Old 05-25-2008, 03:26 PM

Sorry for those who might not know this was the original post by by scaryslow I was referring to:

994 BuickLeSabre V6 3.8 liters</span>
</span>
</span>When increasing speed the car starts shuttering. A type of shaking caused by the engine suddenly not running smoothly. </span>This
occurs most noticeably at about 50 to 70 miles per hour. ( I don't hit
speeds higher than that). But I have noticed the effect at lower speeds
also.</span>
</span>
The car shutters the most when you ask for a small increase in speed or when you try to maintain speed while going up an incline. </span>It occurs when you give it just enough gas to keep up the current speed, especially if the road is level or inclined.</span>
</span>
Now,
a most interesting thing is, if you give it enough gas, like if you’re
going to pass someone, it drops a gear or changes the sound to that effect, and sounds great as it quickly accelerates.</span>
If you ask for stronger acceleration it works and sounds and feels fine. </span>But ask for slight acceleration, and you feel and hear the stammering.</span>
</span>
The car idles just a little rough in park, but sounds pretty smooth in neutral. It drives pretty nice other than this.</span>
</span>This appears to be a pretty common problem as I have been thumbing through the forums looking for clues. But I haven't seen anyone post after the fact to say what the fix for ":their" problem was....plz help</span>
</span>thanx
</span>

Old 07-26-2008, 10:23 AM

I have the same issue with our Buick, around 55 the car runs rough, and while shifting gears the engine jumps or shutters.

Old 07-27-2008, 02:12 PM
Super Moderator

dagorob1904, have you tried to clean the MAf sensor?<BR itxtvisited="1">

Old 07-27-2008, 03:10 PM

What is the maf sensor?

Old 07-28-2008, 07:10 AM

Samueljackson, no I do not believe I have but ty for the idea and I will look into it and let you all know if I can finally say this issue has been fixed. Thank you for the ideas.

Old 07-28-2008, 07:40 AM

I have a 95 LeSabre that''s doing the same thing! I though it was a tire that was bad but after reading this thread, I''m going to clean the MAF sensor first.

Old 07-28-2008, 09:26 AM

On the back right side of the car their is a canister behind the wheel. Connected to it are some rubber hoses, one of them is just dangling, should it be attached to something?