LeSabre Buick's flagship mid-sized luxury sedan

alarm system problem?

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2008, 09:13 AM

I don''t know what''s wrong with my Buick, but I want to avoid the dealer (and the tow) at all costs. I have a 2000 Lesabre. It was not providing enough cranking amps and the car would not start. I tried to jump it w/ my 3.1L Grand Prix, but it did not work. Thinking there might be a bad connection between the terminals on the engine and the actual battery, I tried to jump it directly from the battery under the seat. Still no luck, however, the alarm started going off when the car did have enough juice to do so. I pulled on the positive terminal of the battery and it fell off (8 year old Delco bat.) I bought a new battery from Wal-Mart, installed it. The alarm goes off constantly now, car won''t start. I have hit the remte contol unlock button, I have put the key in every door and locked/unlocked it. Alarm WILL NOT stop, thus car won''t start. Any ideas on what can be done. I purchased the car used just in April and have had NO problems to this point, besides having to jump the car a couple of times (weak battery). Thanks in advance for any help.

Old 07-08-2008, 10:19 AM

Many alarms will activate after power has been disconnected. Is this possibly an aftermarket alarm, and do you have it''s remote?

Old 07-08-2008, 10:28 AM

Thanks for the reply. I took apart the dash and fooled around with the alarm system (yes, it''s after-market). I disconnected the fuse that kept 12V power to the alarm system all the time and then that enabled me to use the by-pass button for the system. The car starts now, but I have to use the by-pass button or the alarm goes off again. I''m going to contact the previous owner.