LeSabre Buick's flagship mid-sized luxury sedan

95 cam position and crank position sensors

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2010, 12:31 PM
Default 95 cam position and crank position sensors

Hey everyone
I have a 1995 Buick LeSabre Limited that I love. It has all the toys. It’s had one problem though since I got it (about 8 months ago) The service engine light comes on about 30% of the time and the codes pointed to the cam position sensor and crank position sensors. I replaced both and about 6 days later the same thing the light came back on. What I feel before the light comes on is the RPMs will drop for about a half a second (no stall) this does not happen every day. Lower RPMs seem to make it happen. Any ideas?

Also I have a ALDL cable to hook up to the cars on board diagnostics system (as some of you know its OBD-2 plug with a OBD-1 system) It’s a cable that lets you read your cars codes and most of the data stored in the ECM but my problem is I don’t know what software will work with my cars computer. I have tried a view programs but with no luck. A lot of the software asks for the cars OS (Operating System) or some other code. I know my engine code is L27 but beyond that I don’t know what Operating System this car has. I am told there are a lot of them. Anyone with any clue how I can make this work please help. If I could get this to work maybe I could read and see the sensor or sensors that are failing on the screen.

As for the low RPM thing my tech just says wait till it gets worse because it’s hard to locate the problem when it happens only now and then. I am thankful he is trying to safe me money but I know if the above sensors do go out completely I will stall and not be able to restart. I really don’t won’t to break down on the side of the highway.