LeSabre Buick's flagship mid-sized luxury sedan

95 Buick Lesabre

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2005, 05:31 PM

I have a 95 Buick LeSabre that will start and run for 1-2 seconds and then die. I have changed the: fuel filter, fuel pump, fuel regulator, oxygen sensor, erg valve, and the icm. I have checked all the ground wires that I can find. Sometimes, if I have someone turn the engine over and hold my hand over the air intake (after removing the tube to the air filter) the car will start. There is a lot of suction developed when I do this. It seems to run fine once it gets running. Any suggestions that I have not tried? Thanks,

Old 09-06-2005, 03:32 PM
Administrator

how about the crank sensor?

Old 09-06-2005, 03:51 PM

Originally Posted by hoffmand@mcpher

I have a 95 Buick LeSabre that will start and run for 1-2 seconds and then die. I have changed the: fuel filter, fuel pump, fuel regulator, oxygen sensor, erg valve, and the icm. I have checked all the ground wires that I can find. Sometimes, if I have someone turn the engine over and hold my hand over the air intake (after removing the tube to the air filter) the car will start. There is a lot of suction developed when I do this. It seems to run fine once it gets running. Any suggestions that I have not tried? Thanks,

Old 09-06-2005, 03:53 PM

I have never heard of a crank sensor. Where would this be located and is there a way to bypass it or test it? I do know that my fuel pressure is 40 psi - is this enough?

Old 02-11-2006, 09:08 PM

I do have Le sabre '94 with perfect maintinance,120k, runs good. In the last 2-3 days my transmision do not want to engage.Plying betwen the gears no stiking but no engagement.No specific noise,no liking,anual oil +filter change. No check engine lite. After 3-4 minutes transmision engage and work good. I wonder if this is the start of a biger problems.I prefer to prevent, is more cost efective. Idon'tknow much about Trans.Any sugestion will help.Thanks very much for your help.[img]smileys/smiley5.gif[/img]

Old 07-05-2006, 09:47 PM

Sounds like the TCC valve leak. Torq Converter Clutch. is slipping..

Actually the relay valve to engage it leaks and lets it slip.

Just for fun I disconnected my wire to the thransmission
(Green/black I think have to check) that controls it and it acts like a
slipping clutch all the time without it..so I put it
back together.

Some small places will replace it for about $400... Commercial places want big bucks..

Change the filter and fluid and add a trannie additive that may help it for a while like a year.

Good luck