LeSabre Buick's flagship mid-sized luxury sedan

90 Buick

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2010, 06:02 PM
Default 90 Buick

I have a 3800 engine in my 90 buick, ran perfect for a while then all at once started missing and stalled wouldnt start back till an hour or so then drove three miles stalled again went back got car next morning hasnt stalled or missed again but havent drove to far either mechanic says camshaft interruptor magnet inside timing cover can anyone advize befor i spend alot of money

Old 11-07-2010, 08:20 AM

Did you find out if there were any codes present to confirm the diagnosis?
If not, it doesn't make sense to go digging without being sure of the intended job.
Just out of curiosity, Did you possibly purchase some questionable fuel?
Water in the fuel can give similar symptoms ,which a bottle of dry gas can help pass through the fuel filter and be removed from the system.

Old 11-07-2010, 09:28 PM

the mechanic did pull some codes with an obdi scanner, autozone said all they could do was 96 or knewer with obd2 plug he may have mentioned code 41 he said so much hard to remember gotta take car to him tuesday. My buddy says it sounds like its trying to vapor lock, not sure what that means but the car had me stranded for 2.5 hrs and is really agervating me, how can a car be bad and do good, its like it has a mind of its own and may go 70-80 miles befor stalling but befor this happens it misses and sputters and like puffs air back through throttle body