LaCrosse Buick's new mid-sized luxury sedan

Touring package electronic shocks discontinued. Anyone know of any sources?

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2019, 06:18 PM
Default Touring package electronic shocks discontinued. Anyone know of any sources?

Hi all,
New member here. I have a 2010 Lacrosse CXS with the 19" wheels and Touring package with the electronic damping on the rear shocks. My shocks are shot. I have tried to find replacements to no avail. All of the dealerships here say that the shocks are discontinued and that they are unable to order them. They say that there is zero stock showing in any dealership inventories in the whole country. I have tried crossing them with numerous local parts houses as well as ones online with no luck. There is an electrical connector on the shock and from what I can tell, any sensor etc is integrated into the shock itself.

I have called AC Delco whom I thought were the OEM supplier but apparently we not, but they could not provide me with any further info. My local guy spoke at length with Monroe and was told that they couldn't provide anything, not even a conversion.

According to my VIN, the specified shock part numbers are:

84336155 for the rear left

84336156 for the rear right.

The codes associated with the VIN are;

F45 --- Real time damping

GNA --- Front struts

GNE ---- H-arm rear axle

VRN ---- Value Added Rear suspension

Any help with finding replacements for these would be greatly appreciated. At this point the car doesn't feel particularly safe to drive on a rough surface. The rear tires are chopped from the bad shocks.

The car is essentially parked because of the lack of availability of the rear shocks. Thanks for any input or info, Hope everyone has a great day!

Chris

Last edited by goatbuick; 07-24-2019 at 06:25 PM.
Old 07-25-2019, 07:12 AM

Have seen your question on LaCrosse Forum. So why bother even trying to replace existing with same thing? Gather shocks are the magnetic particle constant compression change? Of coarse when you state shocks you really mean McPherson’s? Springs and shocks are combo. Instead of wrecking tires and dangerous hip hop car control, install the best struts available without control management? Doubt any difference would be noticed, it’s not a new car by any means. Unless perhaps you track it, hmm.

Good chance Camaros and Corvettes don’t have feature available anymore either? I’ll look a few places......
may find here or acceptable substitute. http://www.monroe.com/en-US/products...shocks-struts/ and http://www.monroe.com/en-US/products...nversion-kits/

Last edited by Rich B.; 07-25-2019 at 07:24 AM.
Old 07-25-2019, 02:00 PM

Hi Rich,
Thank you for the response and the input. To be honest, I am not sure of the type of damping mechanism, if it is magnetic particle constant compression change or not. I'm not concerned with any changes in ride/control/comfort at all. However, I assume that if I put a non electronic substitute on there, that it will start throwing a code and I will have dash lights coming on. The car has only 30k on it and belongs to my parents, I am just trying to get it fixed and driveable for them. But they are in their 70's and very old school lol. If there are check engine lights on the dash, my mom is going to want to take it to a dealership/mechanic etc, that is just how they are lol. There is no way that I could convince her to ignore it.

Thank you for the Monroe links, I'll check them out further. My local parts house guy spoke with his Monroe rep yesterday for quite a while and they were unable to find anything compatible or any way to even convert it apparently. I don't know if maybe it requires a strut with a different length of stroke/extension/compression etc since it is not the 4 link suspension found on all of the other trim levels without the touring package/19" wheels. Perhaps since it has the H-arm rear axle vs the 4 link, there is a different geometry involved, I don't know.

I called a dealership in Houston who is supposed to call GM, hopefully I will be able to get some additional info when I hear back from him. Thanks again for the reply Rich.

Old 07-31-2019, 01:04 AM

I heard back from the dealership in Houston. They checked the "engineer's notes" on the page that stated the shocks were discontinued. The engineer's notes said that the shocks were in the process of being reinstated (reintroduced into production). The dealership called GM and spoke to a tech that confirmed this. He could not say when but speculated it would be within 4 weeks.