Power Seat Motor - Buick Forum - Buick Enthusiasts Forums

LaCrosse Buick's new mid-sized luxury sedan

Old 03-08-2016, 06:58 AM

Default Power Seat Motor

I've got a 2006 Lacrosse and I think the horizontal seat motor is going out. If you think an easy fix is just replacing the motor think again. You can't get just a motor for the seat. You have to buy the whole seat carriage. And they're not cheap; GM wants $600 for it and that's not counting labor. After doing some searching on the net I found two types of carriages on Ebay. One without the motors (horiz & vert) ~$50 and one with the motors ~$90. Just some handy info in case you run into this problem down the road.
Old 07-31-2017, 03:32 PM

Also check rockauto.com or your local salvage yard .

God bless
Wyr
Old 08-01-2017, 06:44 AM

Roger that on seats and auto salvage, can be gold mine. But too I'd look at the car being over a decade old and driven winters? If a manual seat tracting can be had, I'd go that route or if motorized seat could be manually set where wanted and leave in position.

The thing is after a time cars become money magnets. Fix a seat and it's time for a complete exhaust replacement and on......
Old 08-02-2017, 07:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich B. View Post
Roger that on seats and auto salvage, can be gold mine. But too I'd look at the car being over a decade old and driven winters? If a manual seat tracting can be had, I'd go that route or if motorized seat could be manually set where wanted and leave in position.

The thing is after a time cars become money magnets. Fix a seat and it's time for a complete exhaust replacement and on......
Well, I've had the car since 06 and the seat motor is the only major component that's gone out. I'll keep it till the wheels fall off. On another note, replacing the motorized for the manual seat might take some re-engineering. The electric seat is plugged into the air bag system. That might have to be dealt with with some creative engineering.
Old 08-02-2017, 08:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich B. View Post

I do not live in the rust belt .

Thank God ! :-)

So that is not a major consideration .

We have my late Dad's 1991 Chevrolet Caprice . No rust . 47,000 true miles . But it has set in the sun for a lot od years . That has not been kind to the car . Especially the paint & interior .

Have done some work on it related to age .

God bless
Wyr