LaCrosse Buick's new mid-sized luxury sedan

2010 LaCrosse issues

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2017, 05:40 PM
Default 2010 LaCrosse issues

So, I bit the bullet and assumed the payments on my father in laws 2010 Buick Lacrosse sedan. It has 133,000 miles on the 3.0 litre engine, and is in "very good" NADA condition. We first got the "Service Stabilitrack" illuminating periodically, which I fixed in about 20 minutes with a read out from Advance Autoparts, and a sensor they had in stock. Now, not even 2 weeks later, the little amber colored engine light is illuminated. This time it's shooting a P0430 code that tells me something about the signal for bank 2 of the catalytic control system is out of range. So I pay $78 for a new sensor for the downstream side of the #2 Catalytic converter, disconnect the battery for a few minutes, and the light extinguished for 23 miles. Now it's back on, and looking like a new catalytic converter may need to be ordered at $176.
My initial thought is to sell the car as soon as possible before it breaks me. (It has 2 catalytic converters and 4 sensors). I feel like at this point, it's just gonna be one thing after another. Can anyone here offer encouragement or advice? Thanks in advance, Mark in Atlanta....

Old 07-27-2017, 08:38 AM

A clamp that was left loose on the intake from the air filter housing when I was checking the air filter caused the P0430 code. Tightened clamp, re-set ECM, light still out after 60+ miles.

Old 07-27-2017, 05:53 PM

Sounds like air was bypassing the Mass Airflow Sensor creating condition, never could of guessed.

Old 07-31-2017, 10:38 AM

Called pirate air .

Did you decide to keep the car ?

We recently bought a 2006 Lacrosse 3.8l .

God bless
Wyr

Old 11-24-2018, 11:06 AM

2010 Buick Lacrosse great car, great condition 70,000 miles.
New problem, hard shift from first to second gear. Was told, possibly a sensor.
Can anyone help with some info.

Old 11-24-2018, 07:01 PM

Check fluid level .

Any codes ?

Wyr
God bless

Old 11-25-2018, 08:26 AM

Originally Posted by WyrTwister
Check fluid level .

Any codes ?

Wyr
God bless
Thank you for the quick reply. Wyt. Going to have the transmission serviced this coming week, changed fluid, first time and t 71,000 miles. Obvious they will also check the level, that may tell me something right there. So I would guess if the level was never under, there could be another problem. What do you mean by codes, assuming you mean a mechanic will do that. At this point I have not taken the car to have codes checked, first want to have the level checked. Wondering how much do you know about that problem, hard shift, first to second. The reason I ask, always the same, shift is fine at the start then after 5 or 10 minutes of driving, hard shift comes on. I have seen some comments that often a bad sensor could be the problem. Thank you again.

Old 11-25-2018, 10:37 AM

Do not know a whole lot about transmissions . I do know the importance of keeping them full to the correct amount . Otherwise , problems often follow .

Glad to hear you are going to have it serviced .

The old automatic transmissions were pretty much hydraulic / mechanical . So , time went by , they are more and more controlled by electrical / electronics . Mostly meaning , shifting .

But , I think that shifting , is electrical / electronic control of hydraulics , which do the actual shifting .

When I ask about codes , is the Check Engine Soon or Service Engine Soon lite on the dash illuminated ? When the electronics detect a fault , the lite is turned on and an error / fault code is set . This can include codes for many things , including the transmission .

Best of luck , :-)
Wyr
God bless

Old 11-25-2018, 12:57 PM

OK thanks for the info. Now I get what you meant by codes, no nothing on the dash lit up.

Old 11-26-2018, 02:58 AM

Also tranny fluid would have a distinct burned smell with major complications. Along with fluid check those should have a filter. Perhaps too with flow and pressures differentiation filter is plugging up and releasing the debris in shutdown mode. https://www.carpartsdiscount.com/tra...html?3594=2134

Last edited by Rich B.; 11-26-2018 at 03:03 AM.

Quick Reply: 2010 LaCrosse issues