LaCrosse Buick's new mid-sized luxury sedan

2010 lacrosse drivers seat problem

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2018, 07:16 AM
Default 2010 lacrosse drivers seat problem

Hi guys. Awesome forum here. Glad to be a new member for sure!

i just bought a 2010 LaCrosse CXL from the original owner (90 yr old, fella passed away). And it only has 24,000kms on it. It’s like a new car.

My my problem is I think I have a problem with the drivers seat. It feels like I’m leaning towards the left (drivers door) when I’m sitting in it. Is this normal? Is it just me?

Interested to to see if anyone else has similar feeling.

Thanks a million! Skip.

Old 03-27-2018, 11:14 AM

Nice find, ours isn't like that, that I've noticed (LaCrosse also). Does it actually look like its canted, leaning? Maybe try running power controls (forward & back/up & down) a few times, something could be off track.

Only other thing possibly seat springs are gone if former owner was overweight? But being a LaCrosse the seats wouldn't be falling apart I'd think.

Old 03-27-2018, 11:19 AM

Thanks for the reply. Nope. Doesn’t actually look canted, etc. Just feels like that a little.

Ive actually removed the seat, and dis assembled it to inspect the foam, and spring assy. In the base. All looks ok. No noticeable wear, or weak springs etc that I can tell.

Maybe its it’s just my butt has a smaller cheek on the left? Lol. I’m use to driving our corolla and the seats are not as soft, etc as this car. Could be that too I guess?

Old 03-27-2018, 12:49 PM

LoL, roger that too on the seat inspection. Is it possible being an automatic one might not sit in the seat perfectly square and seated more forward on the gas pedal side to reach pedal? Or too see if passenger side seats the same or opposite as driver side, might be a clue.

Old 03-27-2018, 01:20 PM

Hmm. It could be jut my position to use right leg for pedal. But I don’t think so. Even with cruise control on I feel “to the left” on this seat. Could be that the foam is just more firm on one side than the other due to “lowest bidder” car building. The passenger seat feels totally normal, but is also a different seat, as it doesn’t have the power lumbar, so I’ve heard they do feel quite different than drivers seat.

Old 03-27-2018, 01:28 PM

I think what I might do, is hit one the used car lots around here, and sit in one of the same model as mine from 2010-2013, and see if it feels the same as mine. Then I’ll know for sure if it’s just my butt, that’s “to the left a little”. Hahaha.

Old 03-27-2018, 03:34 PM

Good question and answer on this. Here's sister forum that sounds like similiar trouble: https://buickforums.com/forums/threa...-driver-s-seat.

Con't: Used our LaCrosse yesterday and I'm sitting in driver's seat trying to imagine it's lower on door side. It could almost seem it was if I thought enough on it but nothing positive. Might just be it appears that way if attempting to align straightness with dash components. Does have one thinking......

Last edited by Rich B.; 03-29-2018 at 04:59 PM.