Headers, Intake, & Exhaust Custom Exhaust? New Headers? Need Opinions on Intakes? Discuss making your ride breathe better here...

What is this tube called and where do I get another one?

Old 11-02-2011, 11:01 AM
Super Moderator
Default What is this tube called and where do I get another one?

1998 Century with L82 3100 SFI. Tube I am pointing @ in the pic is broke on the valve cover end under the coil. Tube is in front of the TB and next to air intake temp sensor. The local shops can't find it just the PCV line that goes from the PCV valve to behind the throttle plate.

Attached Thumbnails What is this tube called and where do I get another one?-img_7173.jpg  
Old 11-02-2011, 11:05 AM
Super Moderator

I'm not sure about the proper "technical" term for it, but that's the breather tube.

Old 11-02-2011, 12:02 PM
Super Moderator

That was quick! Will try and Google it before heading back out for a 2nd attempt. Was cleaning the throttle and noticed it wasn't even connected upon diss assembly.

Old 11-02-2011, 02:46 PM
Super Moderator

I just happened to be on at the right time. haha. It has a weird connection at the back of the motor, it just fits in place. Mine came off a couple months ago when I took the intake off to try to fix my NSS. It caused my car to idle terrible at the first start of the day, causing it to die a couple times. When i found that it was off, i just put it back in place..it didn't even feel like it actually connected, but everything's been fine since..

You might have to make a trip to the JY to get one. I don't know if you can get it at the dealer or auto parts store

Old 11-03-2011, 11:16 AM

Guys,I would have liked to view the pix, but couldn't get it to zoom out.
In any case you should be able to get any part you need for a 98 Buick from any dealer and if they tell you they can't get it , go to a different dealer. Some parts guys are just lazy and don't want to through the trouble to dig out the part #. Have much experience with many dealer parts departments and some are very good and some are, well you know............. It is always important to bring the vin # with you when looking for any parts and some parts for GM vehicles are interchangeable with other divisions.

Old 11-05-2011, 08:28 PM
Super Moderator

Yeah went back and the guys knew kinds what it was but they still don't cary it. Will try dealership if Pull-A Part doesn't have it. Their inventory is Regals so far just as the other places. Will jump on wiki again and see who all has this 3100. If i'm lucky I might even find the airbox, coolant overflow, heads, tb, and intake for future use.

Old 11-06-2011, 02:31 PM

The dealership can order any part for you as long as it is available. Sometimes its worth the wait to get the right new part compared to scouting around and settling for something that might have half of its life gone. It depends a lot on just what the part is and what it does too. Of course, price is always a consideration also.

Old 11-06-2011, 06:15 PM
Super Moderator

My luck it's a $35 part. Found quite a few 3100 and 3400 cars in inventory just have to hope. It looks like there is a o ring holding it on but I have to tear half the car apart to get it out. Might luck up on an LG8 airbox to gut and experiment in my other thread.

Old 11-06-2011, 08:14 PM
Super Moderator

If you find a decent LG8 Century, you should take all the parts you can get. More than likely, you'll find something to use or upgrade. Other than what we've already discussed, I'm not really sure what other differences there are.

Old 11-06-2011, 09:33 PM
Super Moderator

heads, up and low intake, egr, zip tube, air box, coolant overflow are things off the top of my head. I also printed out a list of 3400's as well. I can't go 2 miles w/o seeing another same color Century and 4 regals so I am going on blind faith any usable parts are there.

*edit* center console...I HATE the 98 flip out cup holders that refuse to hold any cup. and a new armrest catch cause I had to cannibalize the rear center console to keep the front seat one closed.

Last edited by Merc6; 11-06-2011 at 09:43 PM.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: What is this tube called and where do I get another one?