General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here...

Wobbling

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2010, 12:13 PM
Default Wobbling

Hi! I just bought my first buick, and I'm looking forward to working on it. Here's my problem...
It wobbles horribly when you are doing maintance speeds at around 50 mph. There's another thread on here that describes the exact same problem, but my check engine light comes on. It isn't on when it starts, but it doesn't stay on, either. It will come on for like 10 minutes, then turn off, then come back on. Does this have anything to do with it? Somebody said something to me about a new universal joint or something, but would that help?
Thanks a bunch!

Old 03-11-2010, 12:16 AM

I don't see wobbling.

Old 03-18-2010, 04:14 PM

hi, i would say its either you cv shafts, or your wheel bearings, it also may be you need to get the tires balanced. is it happening on both sides or just one??

Old 05-25-2010, 11:37 AM

I am having the same problem, just put all new tires, brakes, ball-joints, tie-rod ends and had an alignment. Still having the same problem. I have an appointment at the local Buick dealer tomorrow but I doubt they will find anything that the last shop hasn't already. I will update to let you know what it is. This seems to be a common problem with the LeSabres.

Old 06-17-2010, 01:20 AM

Jupiter is very bright and it is also very close to the moon tonight. The wobbling is probably disturbances in the upper atmosphere that makes objects appear to twinkle.

Old 06-28-2010, 02:41 AM

Depends on the amount of Damage ? If the Axle is bent then the wheel is probably too ! Both need replacing or at least checked out..