General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here...

nuisance problems

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2007, 01:30 PM

i just got a 93 regal and two things are a pain with it. their not major problems more of a pain in the *** than anything. the first thing is the trunk button in the glove box. it doesnt work. what is this a fuse? a wire?

the other thing is the automatic door locks, not to be confused with the power door locks. the auto locks is when you shift in and out of park they should lock and unlock accordingly. when i shift out of park they automatically lock, but when i shift back in park they dont. i have to hit the button.

where do i go from here?

Old 08-21-2007, 09:35 AM

To answer your last question first: You need to get an owners' manual, at least, and a shop manual or Chilton's, if possible. Otherwise you will be guessing and/or at the mercy of others. These are available from the dealer, auto stores, librariesand usually on eBay at very reasonable cost.

Your trunk problem could be a fuse, a relay, a wire, or the solenoid in the trunk. Basically, you have to eliminate components until you find the bad one. If you don't have experience, you need a manual to tell you what components are involved.

I think your door locks are probably a programming matter. Again, you need a manual, or somebody who has experience on your vehicle. The manual will be cheaper!