General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here...

need help installin ignition switch

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2012, 12:27 PM
Default need help installin ignition switch

hi everyone ...first time poster here...need a lil help on how i would go about installing a switch to bypass an ignition...someone broke into a car i recently purchase (1990 lesbre) and busted the column all to hell and back again....so now i can either put in a whole new column or bypass everything and run a switch from battery to starter....which seems the easiest and cheapest option...so ..my question would be.....what and how would i go about doing this....i assume that u would have to build a "circuit" that would include a "normally open" switch which would be temporarly held closed to complete the circuit and send power from the battery to the starter....so....maybe.....wired from battery to switch...then wire from switch to starter and im assuming that u wouldnt need a grounded conductor (nuetrul wire) as im assuming the starter already has one...????? also...what do i wire it to on the starter.....any help would be greatly appreciated....thanks