General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here...

Cruise Contrtol Indicator/Trifecta Tune

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2020, 06:29 AM
Unhappy Cruise Contrtol Indicator/Trifecta Tune

New to the forum and looking for information and help if possible.
I've have 2017 Buick Regal Premium 2 (LDK w 60,000 miles) and have enjoyed it immensely as my daily driver!
I also have a 2007 Pontiac Solstice GXP (LNF w 40,000 miles) with GMPP upgrade, Batmowheel installed in the turbo, cat delete, 3 inch exhaust, intake, cutout and a few other goodies.. I recently bought a tune for the Solstice from Trifecta and OH MY GOSH!!!
So, I purchased a tune from Trifecta for the Regal. Although its not comparable to the results I got from the Solstice tune, IT IS WICKED compared to the stock Regal tune.
It was pretty pricy but bang for buck well worth it!!
During the re-flash of the Regal, my crappy Wi-Fi crapped out on me and I got two codes (U0100 and P0700) I erased them and finally finished the flash. The first key cycle I noticed the compass and cruise icons on the dash were missing. After the third key cycle the compass came back but not the cruise icon. Let me say that Trifecta has been awesome with regard to support. Per their instructions, I've flashed back to stock and the compass is functional but the cruise icon is still gone and the steering wheel buttons do nothing. Flashed back to Trifecta tune and still not cruise icon nor the buttons work.
a
After all that my question is; has anyone else purchased a tune for their Regal from Trifecta and possibly experienced anything like this?? If so what's the fix? I get the communication error, probably due to Wi-Fi but the TCM malfunction sounds more like solenoid or programming issue. If it was a programming issue then the stock tune should have brought it back?? Trifecta referenced a TSB regarding "Cruise control indicator malfunction" but it points to the cluster as the culprit which I doubt will resolve the issue.
Any help, thoughts or ideas are welcome. I have another support request in at Trifecta and expect to hear from them in the morning.
Thanks, Chris