General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here...

94 le sarbre no start... HELP

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2008, 09:30 PM

i have 3.8l 94 lesabre that wont start. new ignition module and battery put in. ignition module started to spark and would not crank. i started to tap the coil packs and the check engine light came on and started to crank. i have fuel but no spark.. lead me in the right direction?

thanks ryan

Old 07-20-2008, 03:34 PM
Super Moderator

I would start to suspect the crank position sensor. but before just buying a new one, I would check the resistance in the wires from the sensor to the ICM. and also from the ICM to the PCM. heres a schematic that tells you the pin-outs.

Name:  Schematic-Cam-CrnkshaftErr18.gif
Views: 20
Size:  14.0 KB

and heres a thread that may help you as well

http://www.pontiacbonnevilleclub.com...wtopic.php?f=1 9&t=2371&start=0

Old 08-09-2008, 12:41 PM

i have a new problem. i put wires and plugs in and it started.

now i have absolutely no power in the dash lights, centre console, interior lights and it wont even crank over.

i was trying to find the voltage that the alternator was putting out and as soon as i touched the probes from the multimetre to the battery post everything cut out and now i have nothing.

i checked all the fuses under the hood and under the drivers side dash and they all have power. when i checked the fuses under the passenger side dash i found i had no power to misc engine control, ecm, fuel pump, and ignition. i changed the fuses and now have power flow but still have no lights.

any ideas?

Old 08-19-2008, 02:23 PM

Wow