General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here...

2005 LeSabre Custom Fold Down Armrest

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2010, 08:52 AM
Question 2005 LeSabre Custom Fold Down Armrest

The lid of my fold down armrest recently cracked and fell of. The thing is cheap plastic and held on by 2 tiny self tapping screws.
I wonder if that has been a known problem or just my good luck. I don't know a p/n to check it out with some of the GM Parts discounters.

Haven't checked with my Dealer yet but suspect they will want to sell me a whole new armrest for about $ 300 to 500.

Thanks

Old 08-21-2017, 11:03 AM
Default 2005 Armrest Lid

Ours was loose when we bought it used. The anchor posts in the back for the screws were broken, so a new cover won't really help if that's your case, even if you could find one. I used Gorilla Glue in the whole open space where those posts are, layering it a little at a time when it was not quite dry until full. I couldn't figure out a way to isolate just those posts for reconstruction, so I filled the whole channel. Then I fought with that bracket with the spring on it to mark new holes and drilled, and put new screws through that bracket, which was fun while fighting the spring again. It worked, but my alignment was a hair off, and the crummy latches in the front of the armrest release now if I hit a bump too hard, and the cover flies open. But it's better than the lid sliding around everywhere, or a big rubber band.

Old 08-23-2017, 05:40 PM

The center armrest, hmm. Had the worst time trying to close mine on several occasions, actually got the thing jammed up. Found out less is more and after opening just flip the cover over and it self closes automatically. Try to actually close by hand and it misaligned. Going with the pretense that a '16 LaCrosse is similiar to lower years and models with that lid?