Electra/Park Avenue Buick's full size premium car manufactured between 1959 and 1990

replacement struts or shocks

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2007, 02:06 AM

I have a 92 park avenue that I have replaced the front struts in already, the back are now soft and I know that my compressor is dead.. I really don't want to spent the money to repair or replace it and have new air ride struts installed.. are there shocks or struts that will replace what I have without being air ride. Of course "their" books only show oem replacement. I was even thinking of putting air lift bags inside the rear springs and just leaving everything the way it is.. probably stupid.. but looking for a fix without the huge bill to replace with stock.. ol houndog looking for help with a aging park ave..

Old 04-23-2007, 11:34 PM

I'm no mechanic but on my '96 PA I had the struts front and rear replaced and was told the electronic air ride computer had to be disabled as the elctronic struts for my model are not avaliable. The car rides beautifully smooth now. I haven't noticed any difference.

Old 04-25-2007, 12:15 AM

< =>
<!--
var SymRealOnLoad;
var SymReal;

Sym()
{
window.open = SymWinOpen;
if(SymReal != null)
SymReal();
}

SymOnLoad()
{
if(SymRealOnLoad != null)
SymRealOnLoad();
window.open = SymRealWinOpen;
SymReal = window.;
window. = Sym;
}

SymRealOnLoad = window.onload;
window.onload = SymOnLoad;

//-->
</>
I had a 93 PA before getting my current car, a 96 Ultra. I replaced the rear shocks with plain ones I got through ebay. They were new, not used parts. I had the air adjustable suspension, but the factory did have a base suspension without the air pump (the LeSabre rear shocks might have the same part number for the PA setup).

I just pulled the fuse after replacing the rear shocks and the air pump quit pumping...

Old 03-21-2011, 05:16 PM
Default Rear Strut upper mount bolts

I'm in the middle of replacing my rear struts. Anyone have a hard time getting access to the farther strut mount nut (nearest the back seats)? I'm going in from the trunk.