Electra/Park Avenue Buick's full size premium car manufactured between 1959 and 1990

Important! Needs help!!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2007, 10:28 AM

Hi.

I just came home after some driving. When I drove the car, the horns started honking. Usually, the horns doesn't work, but now they honked all the time, like if it was an anti-theft larm. I disconnected the horns, and the honking stopped. But I heard a relay clicking all the time, and the headlights were blinking. If the car is equipped with an anti-theft system (which I doubt), it makes sense, that the lights are blinking too.

Now, I need helpwith this problem. I really don't like driving it if I know there is something wrong, and just because I can't hear it, theanti-theft isstillsending signals that the car is being stolen or something.

What can I do to deactivate the system? I read about some codes in the repair manual, but I have no code. I didn't even know it had an anti-theft system.

Fast answers are appreciated.

Thanks / Andersson

Old 09-22-2007, 11:43 AM
Super Moderator

you will not get codes from an aftermarket alarm. first thing you have to do is find the alarm module. they are usuall a black plastic box. about 3-5 inches. usually they will be installed next to the fuse panel. look in that area and try to find something foreign. maybe take a pic of what you find, before you remove it

Old 09-30-2007, 02:46 PM

The alarm should deactivate when the key is locking/unlocking the car. I don't know what happened, but now it's working fine.

The horns works well too. Don't ask me why they didn't work before, or what I did, but they are working now, and that's what it's all about, right? [img]smileys/smiley2.gif[/img]

Old 09-30-2007, 10:26 PM
Super Moderator

an aftermarket alarm will not deactivate just because the the key is used. the alarm doen not know the difference between a key or a screwdriver.

but the important thing is it works. glad to hear.

but sould the problem return (knock on wood it doesn't) id still suggest what i wrote in my original response.