Electra/Park Avenue Buick's full size premium car manufactured between 1959 and 1990

Help with interior part names

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2007, 07:30 PM

Hello all,

My Buick is running better than ever. After having been through 3 MAF sensors it's finally purring like it should (and not chugging the fuel.) I found a website that sells replacement keyless entry clickers and I'm saving up for new tires (my Michelins are drying before they are showing any signs of wear) and hopefully someday decent hubcaps too, so now I'm ready to replace some parts inside. I'm hoping some one with some know how can help. I'm needing to replace the buttons/controls on my steering wheel. I've got a 96ultra (don't know if all PA's have this) with the radio and A/C controls on the steering wheel. The problem is, after 12 years of use and my finger nails not helping... the paint is wearing of these little dudads and it's looking pretty rough. Anyone know what these are called? I usually search for replacement parts on gmpartscheap.com but I was unable to find any matches. I'm thinking this may be a junk yard search much like the replacement visors and brackets I'm in need of. Besides the dented chrome moulding ($250 a panel to replace!) from the previous owner... my Buick is waxed and looking purdy these days. I'm hoping to keep it looking good for many years to come. My baby is at 97,555 and holding up like a dream. I'm aiming for 200,000. I know that with TLC, proper upkeep and good records, any well made car is a good one. A Buick is just better than the rest.

~Katie~

PS Just recalled... Does anyone know if the window swithces/acuators are replacable or do you have to replace the whole door control panel? My passenger window switch on the driver door recently failed. It's not the motor cos the passenger side works fine.