Electra/Park Avenue Buick's full size premium car manufactured between 1959 and 1990

’96 PA interior replacement parts

Old 03-14-2007, 01:13 AM

I am looking for a part for my driver side dual vanity visor.The plastic dual visor arm that is screwed to the roof of my '96 PA ultra broke when my car was broken into. Anyone knowof agood place to find interior replacement parts? I have submitted emails to all sorts of online parts/junk yard stores as well as searched local junk yards with no sucess.

Also, how does one fix theinteriorlights that gradually go out?? 1st the drivers door panel went out, now one by onemy radio lights are going out.

Thank you in advance for your time and knowledge. I sincerely appreciate any help.

Old 03-14-2007, 12:00 PM

Vanity visor</span>
Unfortunately unless you want order an expensive one from the dealer your still in the search junk yards mode. Try these guys HERE for possible better sources.

Interior lights gradually go out</span>
Gradually going out isnt a clear enough discription of what your trying to explain.. Dimms out, burns out?
None the less, circuit testing may be necessary for most diagnosis.

Good Luck

Edited by: bassasasin

Old 03-14-2007, 06:32 PM

My apologies for the confusing description of the lights going out. On my driver side door panel the buttons such as lock/unlock and window have gone out completely, as in the light. Thebuttons and switches are still working properly otherwise.The radio buttons are one by one going out. The same thing is happening to my fathers 2000 Yukon XL. He was asking me if I knew how to fix the problem since it's kinda annoying to figet with the radio when you don't know what button you're pushing cos it's not lit up anymore.

Old 03-15-2007, 01:52 PM

Interior parts are often available on eBay. I can easily get anything I want for my Ford F150, but there's a lot less action on Buick Park Avenues! I did, however, get a complete set of seats and door panels for my '97 Ultra (from a similar 2002). Keep looking and e-mail anybody with any '91 to '96 interior parts to see if they might also have your part, which is probably too small to bother listing separately.

Unfortunately, the bulbs do burn out. And just getting the radio out on your car (I used to have a similar '92) is difficult. Your father's Yukon is easier, but even then, opening it to get at the bulbs is probably a challenge. Maybe sombody else here has some experience with that.