Detailing Discuss detailing your ride within...

Washing the exterior of your ride.

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2019, 07:12 AM
Talking Washing the exterior of your ride.

I totaly disaprove those touch less car washes with spinning brushes or cloths. In my area of Michign after a couple days of rain in a row then sun shine with nice clear weather in the forecast you will see those car washes backed up even in the street waiting for their turn to go thru. They will be covered with a good layer of mud to the point the brake lites hardly show thru.

When one of those nasty things is in front of you that dirt and grime gets in and on those brushes and spinning cloth wheels scratching your clear coat up.
If you are unable to wash your ride at home I suggest you hit the nearest quarter car wash. Use the pressure soap mode to spary the ride down good then pressure rince it. Pill a bucket with more pressure soap and hand wash the ride if no one is waiting, Do not use the foaming brush just as bad as the brushes at the drive thru car wash.

Rince once again with high pressure rince then pull out of the bay. Off to the side out of others ways use a squeegee to remove most of the water starting with the roof and don't forget the windows.

Then get out the Lucas quick mist and starting with the roof spray it down and wipe with micro fiber cloth to remove the rest of the water and apply a wax.

For the windows unless they are really dirty I use wiindsheild cloth cleaner. they work well even if you have rain x applied at cleaning rhe glass and leaveing the rain x film.

Hope this help you maintane the shiney car/truck you are proud to drive.

Al