Century Buick's mid sized affordable sedan

Dashboard going nuts please help...

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2012, 01:52 PM
Default Dashboard going nuts please help...

I have a 99 Buick century custom. Today my service vehicle, abs, and trac off lights came on. I shut off the car, turned it back on again and it starts happening after a short time. I've searched for people with similar issues but what makes mine unique is that all three gauges(mph, fuel, and temp) all shut down at the same time these other lights come on. Sometimes if I play with my heat or cruise control the gauges will work again for a few seconds but the other lights stay on.

I do not have access to tools or a garage so I am at the mercy of the Goodyear crooks. I want to be able to tell them what exactly to fix so they don't charge me 600 bucks to fix something irrelevant like they usually do. Thank you in advance for your responses...

Old 02-18-2013, 05:26 PM

before you go anywhere, climb under your dash. my moms 02 had the same issue. same symptoms as well. look for a big block of connectors by the firewall, there will be a bolt in the middle. make sure that bolt is tight and all 3 connectors in that block are connected good and tight.

Old 02-19-2013, 07:40 AM

I sincerely appreciate the help buddy, but I had already "fixed" the problem only for more dahboard issues to pop up weeks later. The mechanics and the car has frustrated me so much and has been such a nightmare over the last decade that I traded it in and got myself a 2013 Honda Fit and I've never been happier... I am so glad I never have to repair another crappy Buick again. I have a 120,000 mile warranty and will never show my face in Goodyear again. Two horrible companies out of my life for good... that's what freedom feels like

Old 02-20-2013, 03:24 PM

Unfortunately, some people doing auto repair work are there because they needed a job and not because they are/were trained , good service people. Good luck with your new Honda and hopefully Goodyear will correct their operational problems.