Century Buick's mid sized affordable sedan

89 Century 3.3L

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2007, 03:55 PM

<DIV class=Kona>i am trying to help a friend who is going through some rough times.
he told me that the fuel pump was bad so we put a Delphi fuel pump in. but when we had the old one out, i put the juice to it directly to it and it worked. when i turn the ignition on (for the new pump) the pump doest come on at all. the only things i have to go off of is that: the code from the engine light will blink, pause and then blink twice real quick, but i have no manual to know the code (hope this is even the code the battery was disconected soon after problems, but i ran test after cranking engine). also, he said he smelled a burning of s/t before it died on him (i know the possibilities are endless with a description like this. anyone know where the fuel relay is one this thing? any other suggestions are appriciated. thanks</DIV>

Old 06-02-2007, 03:34 PM

THE CODE READING THAT YOU DESCRIBED WERE IT FLASHES ONCE AND THEN TWO TIMES APPEARS TO BE A 12 ANDALL THIS CODE MEANS IS THAT YOUR ECM IS WORKING FINE THE FUEL PUMP RELAY ON THIS CAR IS ON THE FRONT LEFT SIDE OF THE ENGINE IT IS ONE OF THE SMALLER RELAYS THATIS MOUNED TO THE RIGHT OF THE OTHER EASIEST WAY TO REPLACE IS GO TO ADVANCE DISCOUNT AUTO PARTS ALSO RELAY SHOULD HAVE TWO WIRES GOING TO IT HOPE THIS HELPS