Century Buick's mid sized affordable sedan

3100 performance???

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2020, 05:32 PM
Default 3100 performance???

I've come here looking for help. I want to do everything in my power to put some power behind my 2000 Buick century. I want to know what I can do what others have done and what has worked. I have a 2000 Buick century 3100 and my question is what all can I do to peek the performance lv of this car lemme know everything. You can reach out to me here or with my number 4697326509

Old 02-25-2021, 05:11 PM

It's wise to ask if anything has been discovered to improve our vehicles since they were new because sometimes things are discovered.
Well I have a 3100 as well and really from my understanding besides tune up stuff, that's about all and all you'd want to do to it. See if it's getting the mpg it's rated at to tell if it's running correctly.
I mean, I also have the older 1992 with the 3300 engine and the 3100 seems to have more torque and acceleration even though the later Centuries are some 10% larger vehicles. If no-one has a good suggestion that works, then I'd be happy with how fast it is now and not beat the car up. Like don't drive it hard, care for it as it cares for you.
I won't ever suggest going with a cold air intake kit or other than factory type disposable air filters. I mention this because those are often touted by the sellers who make a nice profit, that they can increase power and the DON'T. In fact mechanics on youtube attest to this and that it can cause problems with the sensors and increase the chance of ruining the engine when driving through water, more can fatally go into the engine.. If you want to go faster, get. faster car or wait for the Electric cars.
Enjoy the car you currently have a nice one that is comfortable, reliable, practical, somewhat luxurious, safe, efficient, capable, versatile and not a target for police to stop either.

If the car not going faster bothers you, then I'd Strongly seriously suggest you look at your mind machine and that we are called the human Race because our adult mind machines are Racing in thought and energy addictions.
Let me briefly share with you one method that has helped me so very much, one thing I've learned from a wholistic site, the real deal:

So many of us want to go faster faster faster.up in our mind machines... until we CRASH back into reality, sometimes very tragically. Realize all life is family here on earth and being a part of it can be a very satisfying life where we stop racing and wanting to go faster and faster... I mean where we ground ourselves more into reality and our bodies and realize we don't need to drive race cars.

If you are experiencing addicted obsessive thoughts about going faster, you can reverse this pattern you have created in yourself by doing self forgiveness & because I see and realize statements on the thoughts and read them outloud your voice will vibrate through your body and change your cells and water that have stored the thoughts you participated in. You will come to new realizations of the warping of reality our thoughts can create and help you be stable and content with how reality works.

Example of what you might realize:
I forgive myself for accepting and allowing myself to have the thought "my car is too slow", followed by the emotion of "disappointment"
Because I see and realize that: "my last car was slower so why am I now wanting to go faster with this car".
Because I see and realize that: "If I go faster, I could get tickets or get into an accident".
Because I see and realize that: "movies and tv are influencing me to want to go faster because of the Hollywood scenes that aren't practical in this reality I share with billions of other humans where we have to respect and share the limited resources".

Old 02-26-2021, 07:58 AM

Most previous Buick owners wanted a comfortable, reliable and safe vehicle. Style wasn't a required commodity.
Times have changed somewhere , and GM , I believe , has turned to the younger crowd with styling and producing a vehicle that can't be differentiated from any other vehicle..
Buicks , in my opinion , had a better ride than the Cadillac, for which we paid a lot more for a name.
Ask any race car driver, it is safer driving on a race track than on some roads today. So, who wants to be stuck on the side of the road with a Hot car that goes like **** and costs much more to maintain. Even on a race track speed is not everything.Some folks still feel their identity is evident by what they drive, maybe so, don't know.