Regal (1973-2004) Buick's sporty mid-sized sedan

Stereo Replacement 2000 Regal

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2011, 09:00 PM
Super Moderator

Ok Lied they rearranged the threads so it's below us now. Only usuable info for unlocking a radio was to go to Google.

http://www.articlesbase.com/automoti...os-842374.html

Old 11-30-2011, 09:20 PM
Super Moderator

Is this what your current deck looks like?

If so, a simple mod is this:

AUX plug for under $10

It took me about 10 hours to do, but I ran into a lot of small problems.

It works great, and runs through the tape deck. It'll play when a tape is in, and the cord is plugged in. Unplug the cord, and the tape will play as normal.

Old 11-30-2011, 10:33 PM
Super Moderator

If he is like me, there is a tape stuck in there forever. Well, for me there is half a tape stuck in there forever. I broke half the tape so the door could close. Seeing that tape jammed in there like that just taunted me. It still does if I use source button to get to the CD function. It makes noises for about 20 seconds then flashes the error code before playing the CD. The way around that is eject the CD then put it back in. One of these days I will take the radio out to get the rest of that tape out. I kinda have a similar mod on my Subaru radio except I use a blank CD in one of the CD changer slots and set it to repeat.

Old 11-30-2011, 11:14 PM
Super Moderator

Does the theftlock light on your radio flash? Mine doesn't.. It makes me think the radio isn't the original..

And yeah, I know someone who used the CD player to power the AUX port on his 1994 Cutlass. It's so easy to hook up when you know what you're doing, and have the space for the jack. In these radios, you have to do a lot of work to get it to fit.

Old 12-01-2011, 07:33 AM
Super Moderator

Nope no flash and haven't tried to find out. Didn't want to lock myself out of the radio on those long drives to/from work. They plugged in a jumper pack to keep my settings and ECU happy when I got a new 1000 CA battery. Reason I gave up and was looking at that one radio I posted a link for somewhere in my many threads. Has front and rear usb jack so I can run a cord from behind or use front of radio with ipod cord for my phone.

Old 12-01-2011, 02:59 PM

i like my stock deck its just casset doesnt work all the time it spits it out a lot i use that ipod casset thing could that be only reason why? should i try a normal casset first to see? or am i better off getting a different deck so i can hook up ipod?

Old 12-01-2011, 03:37 PM
Super Moderator

Spitting out the cassette is probably just that iPod adapter. I had two adapters, and my radio would spit it out after a few minutes of playing.

I'm not sure if the factory cd/cassette player will work in your car. I think it should. If you want, you can add the AUX jack like I done, if you're good at soldering, and don't mind taking it apart. You can also buy them already modded on Ebay. Or you can just get a different deck. Its completely up to you, and how much money you're willing to spend on it.

Old 12-02-2011, 10:05 AM

well i have a crap job so not looking to spend a lot of money and it takes for ever to get the cover off the radio and stuff but i looking to not spend a bunch but i want to spend it wisly so i get the most for my buck and that it wont brake

Old 12-02-2011, 10:23 AM
Super Moderator

If you want to get the most for your buck, do what I done. It cost me under $10. It isn't that hard to get the radio apart if you find a good tutorial, and should only take a couple hours. If you buy a cheap deck, you'll probably have trouble with it before you know it. Also, if you have steering wheel controls and want to keep them working, you'll have to buy an adapter for that, which could cost up to $100.

Old 12-02-2011, 11:27 AM
Super Moderator

Steer controls are about $70 onto the price of the radio. Once you install an aftermarket radio(cutting rear support) it's pretty much plug and play from there if you get another radio. I'm saving up for a double din cause now my radio fade is acting strange. have to move the sound to front speakers then back to center for the fronts to come back on.

*edit* When I search crutchfield it says I can do double din and steer controls(matching the radio I pick) in a century but 2000 regal can't. Hmm

Last edited by Merc6; 12-02-2011 at 11:32 AM.

Quick Reply: Stereo Replacement 2000 Regal