Project and Build Forum Post pics and step by step instructions for any projects or car builds you are working on to keep everyone updated.

Merc6's Mini Build

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2011, 02:41 PM
Super Moderator

That reflective tape looks pretty cool. I was thinking about just blacking mine out to go with the molding chrome trim.

I'm not sure about the heated mirrors. My car has it, along with the autodim. Its only the driver's side though. Too bad compnine went out of business. Thats how I found out my car had it. You could just do an RPO code lookup to find what the code was for it, if you're not sure.

Old 11-17-2011, 09:09 PM
Super Moderator

Snow on the ground guess I will find out in the morning. Yeah forgot you blacked yours out...You black the chrome on the tails too?

Attached Thumbnails Merc6's Mini Build-385927_10150996506705651_630720650_21596863_1073763569_n.jpg  
Old 11-17-2011, 09:20 PM
Super Moderator

Nope. The tails are next. I'll probably just wrap them with vinyl tape. Its too cold out to paint them now. My right tail is rusted on to the body, and turning the nut for the cargo net barely moves. I have it shredded, just trying to get it to turn. I might hit it with a lot of WD-40 tomorrow and try to get it off.

Old 11-19-2011, 06:58 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by 2k2cse
Nope. The tails are next. I'll probably just wrap them with vinyl tape. Its too cold out to paint them now. My right tail is rusted on to the body, and turning the nut for the cargo net barely moves. I have it shredded, just trying to get it to turn. I might hit it with a lot of WD-40 tomorrow and try to get it off.
Worse case we have 4 cars with em still on if you need to break it off to replace the bulb eventually if you can't find it local. I'll even get it from the same color Canadian c2k the cluster came from if you need it. I went out of town and guess what? The snow melted before I got up to leave, that's Cleveland for you. Was there a rear defrost etching on the mirrors? My subaru and Marauder had them on the drivers mirror.

Old 11-19-2011, 07:03 PM
Super Moderator

I can probably get one around here if I do break it. The weather so far isn't really cooperating with me. Snow, and its just plain cold out. haha.

There's no lines or anything in the mirror. I didn't even realize I had it until I looked it up one day. That mirror does have a thicker black plastic edge around the glass. I'm not sure if that's for the heater or the autodim.

Old 11-19-2011, 07:10 PM
Super Moderator

Auto dim.....Nope don't have that. Have to lean towards the radio when some idiot is driving with hi beams or 1 miss angled headlight. I will try and find out if that is plug and play. Going to pull the headlights and attempt to re seal them. I might try that hi beam trick as well. It's a big difference holding the stalk vs just straight hi beam.

Old 11-19-2011, 07:25 PM
Super Moderator

The autodim is connected directly to the rearview mirror, so if that one isn't working, the outside one won't either.

The quad-high mod is great. Much easier than holding the switch half way. haha. I think my relay may be fried, or I have a bad wire somewhere. The other night when I turned my high beams on, the lows went out. I'll have to look at my wires soon. It might just be a bad ground, or loose connection. Hopefully. haha.

http://www.w-body.com/showthread.php...l=1#post936034

This is the write-up I used. Its very straight forward. Just make sure you have a good ground. Its hard to see in his pictures, but he drilled a hole just behind the headlight, and used a self tapping screw. I used the first bolt on my fender. If you do it on the driver's side, there is already a ground screw on the rad support.

Old 11-19-2011, 08:29 PM
Super Moderator

Rear view dim work on both the mirror in the car and the one I pulled from J yard. Have to look at side view when I get back I don't remember it dimming.

Old 11-19-2011, 08:33 PM
Super Moderator

It might not. I didn't realize mine did until I played with the wires to get my map lights to work.

Old 11-20-2011, 03:48 PM
Super Moderator

Brung the book with me to see if i can find it. The mirror didn't have auto dim just theater dim wire. going to dig it out of my bag in a second.

Quick Reply: Merc6's Mini Build