New Member Area Are you new to Buick Forum?? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride...

Zachariah Woods reporting for duty

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2009, 10:39 PM
Default Zachariah Woods reporting for duty

Hello all you Buick enthusiasts out there and welcome to my piddly post about who I am. I'm a 24 year old male student/nurse from Weatherford, Oklahoma and I drive a bright-nasty-bluegrey 1994 Buick LeSabre Custom. How I got this car is a rather drawn out story, but involves a divorce, an upside down loan on a minivan, my parents moving to Kansas, and a rubber duck. Okay, not the rubber duck. Aanywho, I got stuck with this Buick and at the time of the transaction I was wholly disappointed that I had to give up my 96 Corolla for some domestic, overweight, saggy-a$$ed granny-mobile. (I know that is harsh, but at the time it's exactly how I felt.)

Fast forward two years to the present and I begin to see the glimmer of light at the end of the tunnel. The motor was solid, even at 130k miles, the car was inconspicuous, so I stayed out of trouble, and it was a whole lot roomier than my little 4 banger.

I had an ephiphany one day when my brother was purchasing a new car: a Hyundai Tiburon. (Disclaimer: Most people think Buicks are heavy. Wait for this revelation...) I went too look in the side panel of the Hyundai's door to see when it was manufactured and a number caught my eye. a BIG number. Somewhere along the lines of 3800 lbs. My head did a backflip. My LeSabre, in all it's plushy, grandma totin' glory weighed 400 POUNDS LESS THAN THE TIBURON! I was in love from then on, comparing all sorts of cars to mine in terms of weight. My friend has a 350Z Roadster that grosses 700 over what mine tips. (4100lbs) And with my 170 HP 3800 series V6, I now knew what I wish I had two years ago: That this car DOES have potential if molded by the right hands.

Right now, she's been modded a little. I have a cold air intake on and a custom mounted ram air duct off the side marker light to help punch fresh air into the bay. I also painted the grill black and removed the large, round Buick logo. Lastly, I added some crystal-blue halogens that surprisingly match the body color.

I'm a weekend warrior. I have nothing but the internet and some tools, but I'm learning the trade and hopefully will be going to mechanic school to chase my dream as a fabricator/shop owner. Feel free to contact me with any questions or comments. I'm always around my computer.

-zak-

Tsunamisephi@gmail.com
http://tsunamisephi.deviantart.com
http://www.myspace.com/Tsunami_Sephi